Sign in to follow this  

Racetech KTM 85SX

Any of you guys had experience with the SMGV 4633 install for 85SX shock? The shims in the Hi Comp stack they spec are not included in the kit!!! The stock shims don't match either. Do I have to order a bunch of shims to make this work? Also, the WP 4618 BAVP manual specs Comp 1, Comp 2 and Rebound stacks, Comp 1(bottom of valve/piston) is high speed? Rebound (top of piston/valve) and Comp 2 (on top of intermediate bushing), correct?

Call rt and I think they send them

I looked again, found 3 more packs of shims :jawdrop:  The secondary piston valving stays stock. Looks like I have to reuse a couple of the stock shims so it's all good.

Chillrich,

If you need any shims that aren't with the kit, let us know and we'll send them your way.  If you have any questions - tuning or install-wise, let me know and I'll help steer you in the right direction.  Everything from RT is 100% guaranteed, and it's a true guarantee, not just a marketing ploy so never be afraid to ask!

My email is chris@racetech.com if you need anything.

Let us know how it rides once all is installed!

• Like 2

Thanks Chris, got the shock valving sorted out I had to use 2 shims which are .05mm too thick for now. Louie pointed me to a dealer who wil supply correct shims free of charge.

Now onto the fork, I will call tech support once they are open this morning but I am not 100% on the valving.

I need to know;

1. If I have used the correct low speed compression (cL), there was a .10x16 between six .10x24 and three .10x24 in stock stack .
  2. If the .25x9.3 is the stock base plate
  3. If the .13x17.78 is the Original Rebound base plate

Valve FMGV2820

Shim stack 

.10x24(3) Stock cL

.10x24 cH4

.10x21 cH4

.10x19 cH4

.10x17 cH4

.10x13 cH4

.10x14 cH4

.10x13 cH4

.10x11 cH4

Base Plate .25x9.3

Original rebound Base Plate .13x17.78

Craig

Edited by chillrich

Craig,

When it comes to settings/tech, Louie is going to have the answers, so if you're already working with him that is your best bet.  If you have any issues getting answers, then definitely let me know and I can push on them to make sure you get what you need.

Thanks!

Spoke to Brian this time and the stack is correct as listed above. I edited out a mistake I made when entering the stack initially