Sign in to follow this  

96 RM 125 Cylinder on an 89 125 bottom end.

You have the parts.  You tell us?

I am guessing no...then again, I don't have the parts in front of me.

I do have the parts in front of me but that wont tell me if they will work. I'm looking for info if someone has done this swap before I waste my money and order a new piston and gasket set. Bolt the 89 cylinder on the 96 base install it all in the bike to find out it doesn't work. Only differences I see are the head stud orientation. I will have to use the 89 head and modify the coolant hose to work.

I do have the parts in front of me but that wont tell me if they will work. I'm looking for info if someone has done this swap before I waste my money and order a new piston and gasket set. Bolt the 89 cylinder on the 96 base install it all in the bike to find out it doesn't work. Only differences I see are the head stud orientation. I will have to use the 89 head and modify the coolant hose to work.

mock it up with you old gear if possible. You are in a much better position to figure out it is a waste of money than we are. Odds are pretty good no one has done the swap here. Measure it, dry fit it together and check things out. That is your best chance. Report back in case another person comes up with the same question they can use you add a source. :)

mock it up with you old gear if possible. You are in a much better position to figure out it is a waste of money than we are. Odds are pretty good no one has done the swap here. Measure it, dry fit it together and check things out. That is your best chance. Report back in case another person comes up with the same question they can use you add a source. :)

383,211 Total Members and no one has done this swap? Or maybe a seasoned Suzuki mechanic who has been doing this for umpteen million years I'm sure may know. I'm in no hurry. But I am on a tight budget. I will hold out for someone knowledgeable on the situation. But thank you for your input.

i know the 96 97 and 98 cyclinders are different and dont interchange as i tried to fit a 98 to my 97 bottom end as far as a 89 no idea