Sign in to follow this  

jetting on a 05 yz250 in colorado ?

I recently put on SST and Power Core 2 on my stock YZ 250 2 stroke and today I just put in the n3ew needle and everything else is still stock I was having a spooge problem before and would foul plugs when using Yamalube until switching to golden spectro but would still have the spooge problem out my exhaust silencer!my question is what type of jetting should I be using for 5500 to 8000 elevation from 80 to 100 degrees trail riding I recently bought AMSOIL interceptor 2 stroke oil and like I said just put that new jet in today my air filter still drying so I haven't had a chance to try but wanted to see what you guys thought I should run at for the info I provided? Thanks

I'd try a 45 pilot and a 172 main and go from there. I'm in Utah around 4k feet elevation and that's what I'm running right now, runs okay but could be better.

hey thanks a lot I was starting to wonder if somebody was ever going to see it! I've never jetted a bike before putting the needle in was my first but looks fairly simple and I believe both of those came with the bike I have them sitting around here somewhere so I'll try swapping them and maybe post on her how she runs afterwards! Thanks again

actually I have a 52 and a 48 and 178 and 172 I thought the stock was 178 so don't know why they gave me an extra one of those? But you think the 48 and 172 would be ok? and what should I put the clip back on the needle at on the n3ew? I know this question probably gets asked too much but I really just want to get out and ride and I don't want to have to take my carb off multiple times lol

I would say at those elevations and temps you can lean it out quite a bit.  45 pilot, clip in top position, 165 or 162 main.  If you search around on here a few people have posted a chart from pro-circuit with jetting recommendations by altitude and temperature.  It has always gotten me pretty close.

Ok I will keep an eye out on that I've been surfing quite a bit lately so hopefully come across it! the guy at the motor sports stores said to use some kind of formula where you multiply .93 by the number on the jet or something like that but seems like he was in a big hurry and didn't explain! anyone heard of this that can go in a little bit more detail? Thanks again everyone

I just rejetted mine- also in CO.

42 Pilot

165 Main

NE3J needle, clip in top groove

Minimal spooge and smoke, great power and response.

Ok thanks man I've been having a problem with my front shocks as well leaking oil is there a way to fix this? Have pulled the seals down by hand and clean them but everytime I go to ride there's a puddle underneath my front tire soaked into the floor! really have no clue what to do can't afford to take it in right now!

Ok thanks man I've been having a problem with my front shocks as well leaking oil is there a way to fix this? Have pulled the seals down by hand and clean them but everytime I go to ride there's a puddle underneath my front tire soaked into the floor! really have no clue what to do can't afford to take it in right now!

Here's the how-to if you wanna do it yourself. You'll need a seal kit and fresh oil. It's really not too hard if all you're doing is replacing the seals.

Sweet thanks for the video that's going to save a headache! I went ahead and ordered a JD jetting kit cuz it was going to cost me like 30 bucks for the Jets I needed anyway so now I guess I need to get the seal kits lol thanks everyone!