suspension or exhaust

a loud exhaust would make you feel fast, and Yosh is pimp!

But I prefer a good suspension setup, preferably by a local tuner who has a good idea what works and can work with you.

Loud exhaust isn't cool.

Some places are being pressured about noise complaints.

Don't be that guy. The guy who closes another riding area.

Jmho.

Get suspension done first, then a A/M exhaust, but a quiet one.

Some races are testing noise level before you race.

• Like 2

Aftermarket exhausts have this reputation of bringing HUGE HP gains, which just isn't true. You might gain a couple, and it will reshape your curve for sure, but it isn't as significant a mod as a lot of people think. 

Suspension, on the other hand, should be a part of regular upkeep, rather than thought of as a "mod" (unless we're talking about getting works suspension, etc). If you haven't had your suspension done properly yet then I would highly recommend doing that before any extras, you will be amazed at how much better your bike feels  ?

• Like 3

Just another word and a +10 on suspension. Don't even bother with the exhaust!!

I've just done my re-valve ( using stock pistons just some different shim stack setups and varied cross overs ) and most importantly SPRINGS!!!! Absolute first thing to even throw one cent at is springs..... Then fork and shock service, then play with the stock valving and try different clicker adjustments ( LEARN how the clickers work-high speed / low speed, rebound, identifying what to adjust - this is easy to teach as long as you try one thing at a time ).

• Like 2

I was thinking about getting suspension redone and exhaust but what one should I go with first. I was thinking about EVO suspension or Yosimura full exhaust

Suspension , suspension, suspension!!!!

Kudos to you for thinking and asking about priorites.  When I bought my son's cr-125 project bike it had brand new tires, and rims, a new rear sprocket (but a junk chain), and a new FMF exhaust with a shorty silencer.....but the ENTIRE rest of the bike was completely shot, beat, abused, worn out!!

• Like 2

Put you and a friend who ride exactly the same and exact same bikes, except yours has suspension built and tuned for you, while his is stock suspension with an aftermarket pipe; guarantee you'll stomp all over him because you can handle and go quicker over your bumps. Those small increments in time over bumps add up to make you faster than a guy with a stupid loud exhaust who thinks he's cool. ?

{Only The Best}

It's all about horsepower!!!!  Who cares if your bike handles like a tank and rides bumpy, so long as you go faster!!!

I'll gladly switch disk brakes for drums if I can get a few more horsepower!  Fast n' Furious, baby..... ohhhh yeah!!  Add an aftermarket air filter for an additonal 10 horsepower too while you're at it.

It's all about horsepower!!!! Who cares if your bike handles like a tank and rides bumpy, so long as you go faster!!!

I'll gladly switch disk brakes for drums if I can get a few more horsepower! Fast n' Furious, baby..... ohhhh yeah!! Add an aftermarket air filter for an additonal 10 horsepower too while you're at it.

This guy

If like to no what aftermarket air filter gives u 10 more horses

It's manufactured for Twin Air Canada by Dow Corning and is dubly named "The Endocracker". It is a multi layer filter containing foam on the outside with a center layer of electropositive elements aka magnesium and iron with a second layer of oxichlorination catalyst.

As ambient air passes through the filter a rapid endothermic chemical reaction occurs which causes an immediate increase in air density and spike in O2 content.... The result is a sudden inrush of oxygen rich air which simulates an elevation that is the equivalent of approximately 30,000ft BELOW sea level.

You must re-jet appropriately, but the horsepower gain is significant....perhaps even as much as 25%...

They have yet to be available in USA due to your stringent EPA regs, but we Canadians have really been enjoying the benfits the Endocracker offers ?

Edited by Fattonz
  • Like 6

It's manufactured for Twin Air Canada by Dow Corning and is dubly named "The Endocracker". It is a multi layer filter containing foam on the outside with a center layer of electropositive elements aka magnesium and iron with a second layer of oxichlorination catalyst.

As ambient air passes through the filter a rapid endothermic chemical reaction occurs which causes an immediate increase in air density and spike in O2 content.... The result is a sudden inrush of oxygen rich air which simulates an elevation that is the equivalent of approximately 30,000ft BELOW sea level.

You must re-jet appropriately, but the horsepower gain is significant....perhaps even as much as 25%...

They have yet to be available in USA due to your stringent EPA regs, but we Canadians have really been enjoying the benfits the Endocracker offers ?

I hate when people re-quote long posts but this one is worth it?

• Like 1