Sign in to follow this  

Pants are too long?

Hey Guys, my name's Cameron, I just got into the dirt bike world recently with a 2001 yz250f I bought off a friend, and I'm slowly acquiring gear and new parts.  I have one concern about my Fox pants I just bought; I am a size 38 waist, and I'm only 18 so I'm a little on the heavy side, so the size 38 pants are made for taller riders I guess so they are very baggy, and my only issue with that is that now the protective built in knee pads are down around the middle of my shins, even when i bend my legs when on the bike they are too low… So my question is, is this a major problem?  I cannot have the bottoms hemmed because that wouldn't solve the issue as the pants need to be pulled up about 8 inches (but I couldn't imagine riding with my pants halfway up my stomach lol).  What would you guys suggest? Thanks in advance

-Cameron

How tall/short are you and what is your inseam? If you're really a 38 I think you got defective pants from your description.

If you can, go to a shop and try different stuff on to find a fit. Everything is different.

For example: I wear 36-34/32 for pant size, but need a 34 in Troy Lee and 36 in Klim. One Ind 36 are huge at the waist and short. My Klims are a bit baggy in the seat and a bit short. I've settled on Troy Lee, even though it costs more.

As for it being a major problem... NO. Anything that fits is fine. Even your blue jeans will offer comparable protection to MX pants. Those built in protective knee pads don't really do anything. Get some knee guards and find pants that fit. Your current pants might fit great with knee guards too.

I have 2 sets of Thor 34

and 1 set of fly. No problems with fit or length.

Idk, maybe call them.