ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What is the one peice of gear or bike accessory that helped your confidence & riding the most?

For me it has been my Ankle Savers foot pegs. I've had ankle injuries a couple times (sprained) but not broken. Having these pegs help my confidence knowing if and when I land a bit hard or flat the peg will help my ankle from over extending. Best addition to my bike in years.

Feel safer in the pressure suit but never wear it.

Street my new helmet and wearing jacket and gloves feels so much safer. Rather than squidding.

Not really anything in particular, I just feel the best when I have all my gear on and don't forget anything. I guess I'd have to say my boots, just because they are so comfortable and fit right. Much better than a bad fitting pair.

• Like 1

This may sound silly - but my elbow/forearm pads are awesome.

However, I did land on my elbow and blow-out my shoulder.

Rider saftey classes and intructional classes.  Every biker should be required to take them......  If nothing more is learned than common sense.

Left hand rear brake (LHRB) my boots are so thick and stiff I couldn't feel the foot lever so I was either not braking or locking up the rear tire. LHRB makes it where I can feel every pulse of the brake piston, love it and has increased my speed & confidence in every aspect of riding.Now I'm hot into every corner and braking later, down hills I blitz where before I was a bit timid in attacking just becasue I couldn't modulate the rear brake. Because I have confidence in my braking abilities I am also harder on the gas which translates into faster on the trails, I still crash from time to time but now it's a spectactular crash rather then just another get-off :facepalm:

Edited by Rider 41

One thing? Bike fit!

Scotts sub mount and bar risers, along with a suspension re-valve/re-sping.

Bike feels so much slacker and lower (pegs) now.  And I don't have to hunch over to reach the bars. Front is easier to get up too.

Life and disability insurance.............

• Like 2

knee pads. I always rode with helmet and boots, but adding knee pads made me feel so much safer.

My smith turbo fan goggles!

Keeps the sweat out of my eyes and circulates air to keep from fogging up.