Sign in to follow this  

Going Green

Just wanted to what's up to y'all green people on this side of the forum , I made a decision to make switch and ride a diff color . My son has always rode red and for the most part have had good luck with them . So that being said I picked up a 13 with 1.2 hours new with a few extras but didn't get a owners Manuel or the extra modules so I might be asking some pretty basic questions till I get my hands on one , thanx in advance !!!

Thank man I'm a little nervous at this point but quick question , feels like the seat bolts are going to pull thru the side panels when tighten them up , the bolts don't have a very big shoulder on em and the panels don't have a metal bushing either for a positive stop ! Am I missing something here?

Congrats on the new machine! As far as the bolts goes usually there is a stop of some sort. Not sure on a 13 though. If you're worried about it just swap them out for some bolts with bigger shoulders

That's what I ended up doing , I still didn't tourque down on em tho ! It just diff cuz on our honda the bolt tightens up against the seat tab and the goes thru the panel .

That's what I ended up doing , I still didn't tourque down on em tho ! It just diff cuz on our honda the bolt tightens up against the seat tab and the goes thru the panel .

Great bikes as long as you take care of them!

What do you think of the bike coming off a honda?

Well my son is 18 and he races the bike , we just got it Tuesday and haven't done any riding except around the house , he's been test riding a buddy of his at the track before we pulled the trigger! Power wise there's no comparison with the honda but the honda was a well thought out fit and finish turning beauty , but the power was not there after he got used to it ! We set the bike up to mx mag review preferred setting which are basically stock with a couple clicker changes , my son weighs 160 and 5ft 10 and I think the springs aren't gonna allow to get the sag at 100 to 105 without backing way off the preload at both ends of the bike , so if anybody has some suggestions until springs get ordered I'm all ears ? We are gonna race Sunday and normally we practice sat and race sun but he has to work so it's gonna be interesting !!! Hear is a pic of the bike when we brought it home.

image.jpg

Edited by Whatwentwrong

Well here is a little update , bike was great we had to race and get use to the bike at the same time , he said it was kinda set up like the honda was and he said it was turnig great , no pushing or knifing and not blowing out the corners ! He said it has so much more bottom hit out the corners campared to the honda !!he also was able to clear a elevator jump and clear the triple tapped in 4 th , the honda was always two bike leangth short ! All in all it was a good first ride with a 4 and 5th overall . He said he exsperienced no head shake till the end of the day when the track was super rough and the forks were 5mm up ( first line) . We will give it a go again next weekend !!!

Good to know he enjoyed it and did well without any real testing