Sign in to follow this  

I Have a 2013 yz 125 and i just did a top end rebuild and inspected the clutch. ( i took off the big side cover ) im pretty sure all of the radiator hoses are installed right but there is antifreeze coming out of the bike and when the coolant was full i noticed the bike heating up really fast. after a ride yesterday i looked in the rad and there was nothing, i started it up before checking if there was any fluid. and it had an odd smell while running and i noticed that only when the bike was running there was fluid dripping from the bottom end, any suggestions on what to look for if its not a hose problem, can you please respond, i need to get back on the track ASAP!!!!!! 

Why do people always rebuild their motors?????  For the love of all things cute and cuddly in this world...... your bike is only a year old!!!!!

I swear, some people think dirt bikes needs a freakin' rebuild after every freakin' single time they take it out.  These motors are built to last for thousands and thousands and thousands of miles until a rebuild.

It's your fault for 'rebuilding' a practically new bike, now deal with it!

Has the bottom end done at all?

Sounds like water pump issue, seal, impeller maybe?

Does it drip from the bottom of the water pump housing or somewhere else?

Why do people always rebuild their motors?????  For the love of all things cute and cuddly in this world...... your bike is only a year old!!!!!

I swear, some people think dirt bikes needs a freakin' rebuild after every freakin' single time they take it out.  These motors are built to last for thousands and thousands and thousands of miles until a rebuild.

It's your fault for 'rebuilding' a practically new bike, now deal with it!

Absolutely wrong

You can wear out a motor in a matter of hours. It's all about how it's ridden and the load put on it.

A YZ 125 should have it's piston changed every 5 hours (expert racing) to 50 hours (beginner trail rider)

The bottom end should be replaced upon inspection for service limits, each time you change the piston, and it typical at about 150 hours.

* the odd smell * is the the coolant being burned. You most likely have a blown / improperly seated head gasket.

I don't understand about the leak....

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick