Sign in to follow this  

Honda cr250 2000 con rod big end bearings and shins

Hi all! Wondering, does anybody know where to buy only the big end bearing with shines of a conrod kit of yhe Honda cr250 2000???? Dont see why i have to buy a whole conrod kit just for bearing an shines...... note im new to the form and even dirt bikes... have a project going.... need this bearing and a piston. Any ideas and advice? How do you experience con rods from china?

Regards Rinox

Hi all! Wondering, does anybody know where to buy only the big end bearing with shines of a conrod kit of yhe Honda cr250 2000???? Dont see why i have to buy a whole conrod kit just for bearing an shines...... note im new to the form and even dirt bikes... have a project going.... need this bearing and a piston. Any ideas and advice? How do you experience con rods from china?

Regards Rinox

Usually in a crank rebuild the conrod is replaced as well.

It is also a part than fatigues and can fail.

I'm having a crank done at the moment and have used Pro-X rods. Not sure where they are from though.

Here's their site:

http://www.pro-x.com/connectingrods.asp

• Like 1

Usually in a crank rebuild the conrod is replaced as well.

It is also a part than fatigues and can fail.

I'm having a crank done at the moment and have used Pro-X rods. Not sure where they are from though.

Here's their site:

http://www.pro-x.com/connectingrods.asp

Pro x are made in japan and the exact same as koyo . I ordered crank bearing from honda of troy the box said koyo the bag said pro x so they are one in the same i'm pretty sure.  Honda uses them for a factory replacement so can't be that bad. 

Edited by Beau 88

I went through service Honda and bought all oem parts. I think the crank was 242usd. I heard Honda east is even cheaper. I personally like using oem Honda parts on my bike a hair more pricey but you don't hear that their parts are crap. And you don't have to worry about a failure out on the trail. Just food for thought.

Good luck,

Chris

• Like 1