Sign in to follow this  

Reminder to beware of booby traps.

what kind of asshat could possibly think that this would help their cause in any way?

I don't get it, go to the Amazon and shit down the deforestation there.... they're doing as little to help the forest as we are to harm if

• Like 1

what kind of asshat could possibly think that this would help their cause in any way?

I think its just the mindset of the people who do it.. I don't think the have the full mental capacity to see how it could be a bad idea.

They need to put a few game cameras out in that area and try to catch the person who did it.

• Like 1

I've dealt with some things but never to hurt riders physically.  I've only found various things aimed at your tires.  Roofing nails, even re-rods pounded into the trail with 2 - 3 in. exposed.  I almost caught one of them.  I heard the hammering (re-rods) but I had to go about a half mile to get up to the next trail level and by then, he was gone.  I bet he heard me coming and ran like a scared &%$#@! too!

• Like 1

I've dealt with some things but never to hurt riders physically. I've only found various things aimed at your tires. Roofing nails, even re-rods pounded into the trail with 2 - 3 in. exposed. I almost caught one of them. I heard the hammering (re-rods) but I had to go about a half mile to get up to the next trail level and by then, he was gone. I bet he heard me coming and ran like a scared &%$#@! too!

When heard the hammering i would've gunned it so hard towards that noise. Im not sure what is do when i got there but i would feel the need to catch him

• Like 1

When heard the hammering i would've gunned it so hard towards that noise. Im not sure what is do when i got there but i would feel the need to catch him

Actually, I did, which is why I think he knew I heard him.  Not sure what I would have done if I had caught him red-handed but it wouldn't have been "good morning".  I found a big rock and pounded them all into the ground.  I was surprised that in my other post, the TT system filled in one of my words with various characters to sensor it.  I was just describing him as having feline qualities.....  

• Like 2

A flat would suck but ive came across metal wires strung across a trail about neck height. I have an uncle thats actually hit one messed him up pretty good.

Something like wires or cables at neck height crosses the line in my view.  I would have to get more "active" in pursuing it if I found something like that.   Not sure what I'd do if first, if I caught them actually doing it, OR if I just found it but no one around.  Either way I think law enforcement might have to get involved.   That action is either trying to seriously injure someone OR KILL them.  

Something like wires or cables at neck height crosses the line in my view. I would have to get more "active" in pursuing it if I found something like that. Not sure what I'd do if first, if I caught them actually doing it, OR if I just found it but no one around. Either way I think law enforcement might have to get involved. That action is either trying to seriously injure someone OR KILL them.

Thats sick! I can't believe someone would put up garroting wire on an off road trail! I would have never even thought of that. People are nuts!

Thats sick! I can't believe someone would put up garroting wire on an off road trail! I would have never even thought of that. People are nuts!

Wouldn't be the 1st time. If you put the same stuff in the driveways & yards of these jerks, they'd demand action from the police.

Maybe one of these ass-wipes needs to be put on trial for attempted murder. That's the way I see it anyways.

• Like 4

A while back in NC we had some issue on a popular MTB/Hiking trail with the hunters during season.  Guessing we were screwing up their season somehow.  Glass bottles burried under leaves necessitated a 6 mile walk out one time, and another I was taken off the bike by a piece of parachute cord when it caught me at the bridge of the nose.  It hung a few inches below a tree you had to duck under.  With the visor on my helmet I didn't see it.  Fortunately I had to slow down to duck the log or it could have been real bad.  Would have loved so sit in the woods wearing a gillie suit with a Louisville Slugger, but how long can you really do that for.

I've seen pics of the damage being run over by a moto does to a rider  when things go wrong in some of the MX races.  It would be a shame if someone lost control of their bike and happened to run into an innocent bystander after finding them setting up a booby trap wouldn't it?

• Like 4

l

I've seen pics of the damage being run over by a moto does to a rider when things go wrong in some of the MX races. It would be a shame if someone lost control of their bike and happened to run into an innocent bystander after finding them setting up a booby trap wouldn't it?

Just hope they don't have a buddy standing near by with their hunting rifles.

If they're willing to set up traps which could kill people, what else might they do? :unsure:

Just hope they don't have a buddy standing near by with their hunting rifles.

If they're willing to set up traps which could kill people, what else might they do? :unsure:

If I catch them they are gonna hope to have 2 buddies.

I carry too, them having guns and setting traps just makes it that much easier for me to put them out without all the crap to go along with it.

• Like 2

I think this needs to be taken much more seriously.

Basically at some trail speeds, this amounts to beheading at worst and being thrown backward off the bike at the very least.

What about remote battery operated cameras?

If I find something like that I won't be able to let it go. I'd have to do something like cameras or even patrol the area on foot.

• Like 2

Who says were not taking this seriously?  There's only so much one can do about this kind of thing.  Obviously, walking the trail first would do but who does that?  For more reasons than just this, If I haven't been on a trail for a long time, the first time thru it, I go very slowly.  

• Like 1