Sign in to follow this  

Clutch cover gasket

Sorry if this is a dumb question but who makes a paper gasket for the clutch cover? I need to space out the clutch cover a little bit to clear a Rekluse clutch. I've seen a lot of paper gaskets pictured but they always say "universal photo" so I'm not sure about them.

you could buy your own gasket making material and cut your own. a regular auto parts shop sells it. it comes in rolls. its a pain in the ass but it works...

Yep, pain in the ass. I may wind up doing just that, as a matter of fact I bought a roll of the thick cork stuff yesterday to do just that but if I could just buy one that would satisfy my lazy untalented side.:)

• Like 1

The round access cover for the clutch or the whole right-side case?  The clutch access cover is sealed with a contoured o-ring... no paper gasket.  Maybe Dr. D will chime in, since he has a rekluse on his DRZ.

The round access cover for the clutch or the whole right-side case?  The clutch access cover is sealed with a contoured o-ring... no paper gasket.  Maybe Dr. D will chime in, since he has a rekluse on his DRZ.

Yes the access cover. I have an old Rekluse that dosen't fit inside the stock cover. Rekluses' answer to this was a thick paper gasket to space out the cover a bit. The original clutch came with the gasket but they have been discontinued. I've read threads about stacking up paper gaskets but I've never seen a source. Maybe as Jawknee said they are making them.

Just in case anybody's in the same boat as me and needs a clutch cover gasket just print this out on a regular size piece of copy paper and, viola! a template.

Clutchgasketpicturedrz.jpg

• Like 1