Sign in to follow this  

What is this Indian worth?

My dad called and said he found an original Indian 125 for sale. He's bringing it home now.

Can somebody tell me what year/model and what it's worth?

photo.JPG

• Like 2

Can somebody tell me what year/model and what it's worth?

It's a mid-'70s ME100 or 125.

There's one just down the road from me for $700.

Very cool. I think the biggest value for something like this is enjoying it for what it is, rather than resale

• Like 3

Cool bike. Very competitive back in the 70's. Mike Brown was a hotshoe on one back in the day. I believe the motor was a Fuji, the shame as the Hodakas if I remember correctly. That clean, probably around $1000-1200.

00R0R_8HGnL2Zczfn_600x450.jpg

This thing is sweet. Excellent condition for a 40 year old bike. All original, minus one non-factory grip. Original tires with some nipples still on it. Starts and runs great.

I don't want to keep it, bought it to flip.

• Like 1

That thing looks sweet kg :thumbsup: Have you got a handle on how much you think you'll will fetch for it? I would definitely be interested in that bike if not for the new exporting rules. I still have a bike in the States that I bought last August - trouble crossing the border with it. Like I said before - great find!

Brings back memories, before I got my first bike I watched the kid across the street ride a white Indian just like this. He rode it right off the edge of his driveway into the woods and down a 15 foot hill, hitting everything in it's path! I never saw him ride it again...........

Edited by ickfinger
  • Like 2

That model Indian has an Italian Motori Minarelli engine,it was probably assembled in the Italjet factory.

Minarelli is still a major engine supplier and is now part of the Yamaha Motor Group.

That nice looking example will probably fetch about  $1200 if you can find a collector of vintage Indians(Clymer)

Any bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

If the owner is not willing to accept that amount then the owner thinks it's worth more than everyone else does and keeps it.

That's where bartering or trading comes into play.

You may have something you think is worthless. But the bike owner may be willing to trade + a little cash.

So you can sometimes get the bike for less and get rid of some junk around your place at the same time.

That thing looks sweet kg :thumbsup: Have you got a handle on how much you think you'll will fetch for it? I would definitely be interested in that bike if not for the new exporting rules. I still have a bike in the States that I bought last August - trouble crossing the border with it. Like I said before - great find!

It's a dirtbike, just ride it across.

• Like 2

I bet this guy would buy it.....

pawn-stars-rick-harrison_475x240.jpg

Yeah, and he'd give me $50 because he'll have to get it framed, find space on his wall, he has overhead, pay off his friend who is an expert in original 1974 Indian MX74 bikes with missing exhaust guards and buy lunch for the whole crew.

• Like 1

I've watched Craigslist daily for the last 4 years, my morning coffee routine. What someone asks , and what

they get are two very different things. I watched one of these go from $1200 down to $350 over a years

timespan before it either sold, or he went away.

It seems that the collector market has gone soft.

Have you checked parts availability?

For future reference,

The owner of the local Indian shop bought this for a display bike for $1300 today. So I guess that is what a near perfect 1974 Indian MX74 is worth.