Anyone have their bike fall off a jack overnight?

Had my bike jacked and ripped it half way down yesterday come in the garage today its on its side. Any possible damage? I looked at it for a quick second doesnt look like any damage. Figures this is what i would get for trying to save money, learn my bike and work on it myself. Im pissed to where i just wanna scrap it cuz of the bs. Maybe im just really heted but damn

Im just way to frustrated with this lol. Thanks all

Thats what im saying im like the same way thought i was being cautious mh dad said yea itll be fine ivernight and look what happens. And my dads one to laugh at my for wanting to be extra cautious and make everything like as close to perfect as doable and tbis is what i get for listening to him like wtf lol. Idk its just stupid. Wanting to get it done come out and find it sitting on the floor like a careless baby was playing with it. Its like well im done here just doesnt make you wanna keep going. Guess im gonna anyway but daaamn. If i took both tires off is it ok to set back on the ground without tired or should i get wood or a bucket or something to keep it lifted?

Used a regular floor jack once or twice with a small piece of plywood under the skid plate as I procrastinated get a bike stand/lift.  Well, one day I bumped the bike while working on it and it fell over... I knew better.  Got a HF bike lift for ~$20, best money I spent on the bike.

• Like 1

I was using a reeal similar one but the thing is my garage floor is dirt and its not very level whatsoever lol. Now i keep thinking about it i feel stupid for leaving it there but i try and give my dad benefit of the doubt i know hes good with fixing stuff i just wasnt expecting that to happen. God its just depressing seeing ur pride and joy laying on the floor when ur trying to fix it and make it better. Just more things are gonna break that i dont have the $ to fix

Jeez im not gonna listen to anyone but u guys when it comes to the drz. i just was expecting other shit to go wrong not this lol. I just reallllllllyyyyyy hope nothings &%$#@!ed up cuz leaving it on he jack was barely my idea. I just asked my dad if it was safe and figured his judgement was good enough. Daaaamn

eye bolts in the floor joists above you, and your tie down straps used as lifting straps... it won't fall.

it's really nice to get the bike up to waist or chest height for some of the repairs/maintenance. 

• Like 2

Haha wish my bike had life alert, "ive fallen and i cant get up". I wouldve been out there in second flat ha

Thats what i was shooting for. I got a bunch of parts to put on and wanted to do maintenence but just walking in and bike down hurt me lol

• Like 2

When you have the bike up on a jack, you should "chock" or "safety" the jack so it can't leak down. I use a transmission jack for my wife's 230F which works great. As you can see in the attached pic's, I simply use a short 4x4 placed between the lift platform and the frame of the jack to prevent it from bleeding down. 

Good luck.

0307141749.jpg

0307141749b.jpg

• Like 1

I had a bike fall once when it was up on a floor jack as I was removing a wheel. Now I've got the Harbor Freight lift similar to jreed1337s. It has loops on the base to attach straps. Unless I'm doing something quick like lubing the chain I strap it down with a set of tie-down straps. Once I do that it doesn't move.

• Like 1

Im trying to remove the airbox also the touch up the 3x3 and it doesnt seem to want to come out. I was gonna take the carb off first but they both seem almost impossible without roming tons of unnessesary things

Why not just do the 3x3 touchup with the airbox still in there?  Not worth the trouble to pull the airbox.

• Like 1

It needs to be cleaned bad and i cant do it while its in there. Its god red oil from the filter in a pool in the bottom with a bunch of mud and grime.

If you've done the 3x3, it's pretty easy to get your hands in through the top and of course through the side to wipe it out.  I bought an airbox cover and put in on whenever I wash the bike.  There's a drain in the bottom of the airbox and if you have the cover on, you can flush it out with the hose.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/17765/i/no-toil-air-box-cover?WT.ac=SLIsearch