Sign in to follow this  

2001 CR250 Fork Compatability

I ride my bike in the winter on the ice and race harescrambles during the summer.  So, this year instead of always converting my suspension from riding ice to dirt I was thinking of picking up another set of forks (already have an extra shock).  I was wondering forks from various years will work with the 2001 CR250.  I will have them revalved so it's not really an issue of them being setup for the bike but I want that to bolt up - triple clamp diameter, brake caliper, wheel axle...

They bolt up from other years. Getting the correct length is the main issue. The brake problem is just a carrier bracket for the caliper. Lug offset becomes an issue if you go too new as well which effects handling. I have some extra sets from 2000 bikes that are rebuilt and revalved by FC.

At least 02-08 forks are bolt in interchangeable.  I think the 2001s were the same exterior dimensions.

What is the valving like for ice racing?  Similar to supermoto?

I have a spare set of 01 forks, you'll have to replace the right lower leg but other than that they are in great shape pm me I need them gone