Sign in to follow this  

2015 crf300xc in the works?

Anyone else hear about a crf300xc being made for 2015?. No,I'm not talking about the April fools 300 2 stroke. What I was told/heard was,Honda was working on a model that would be called a crf300xc. It would basically be the 2014 crf250r,but with a bore/stroke to 300cc,large capacity tank,wide ratio trans and 18" rear wheel. Basically what a KTM 250sxf is to an xcf. Didn't mention electric start on the crf300xc though. Maybe just another BS roumor,but it sounded good. Figured I'd ask here if anyone had heard of such a beast in the works.

Have heard no rumors, but there was a survey done a bit ago by Honda and I know a lot of those that answered seemed to like the same thing; a 4t like the X, but in the 300-350 cc range

Personally I've always thought the sweet spot for a good all around off-road bike was 300-350 cc.   250's are great, but sometimes you want a little more umph and 450's can be a handful at times.

About time though they came up with something new...CRFx line is getting old.

Jim.

Edited by Jim Dettman

Hi been building 300x motors for a while now stroke your crank +4mm run a 82mm bore you get 297cc they run real strong my son who's 16 loves his rides it like a trials bike so torquey and controlable and its fast for some reason it even gets great traction Honda should make them like that stock its long over due for a revamp.

I have a 290bb kit on my rmz250 and really like it. 300cc 4 stroke is perfect for me in the woods. The dealer that I heard it from is a reputable dealer. Known him for years-he did not say it was going to be released,just that it was being tested/developed and that Honda has been dragging their feet releasing new bikes they have been developing. If it does come out,sounds like a really good option for Honda off road guys. I do know duvall has been running a big bore crf250r in gncc the past 2 years now. Not sure if its a 300 or 270cc. Husky had good success with the 310cc and sherco with the 300i. The 300 may seem like an off displacement,but for woods and vet riders the displacement does fit perfect.

Hi been building 300x motors for a while now stroke your crank +4mm run a 82mm bore you get 297cc they run real strong my son who's 16 loves his rides it like a trials bike so torquey and controlable and its fast for some reason it even gets great traction Honda should make them like that stock its long over due for a revamp.

Looking at CRFSonly.com, I see the Athena 280bb kit runs an 82mm piston but it looks like all they offer for cranks is +2mm. Where do you source your +4mm crank assembly and does it require case machining? I believe the +2mm is a drop in fitment.

Hi the Athena big bore kit is fine as for the crank Falicon can do you a +4mm crankshaft and the cylinder fits on with no machining the crank does need a little case machining about 1mm just to clear the big end on the rod easly done with a die grinder or machine shop. Any good crank shop should be able to stroke your crank for you and balance it for the weight of piston you will be useing.The Athena 82mm kit is not 280cc it gives 275cc only still worth doing and gives a good boost in performance but the extra 4mm in stroke make a big differance in power and torque.

Edited by martin truszkowski