Only serious people who want to help

Ok i need alot of help right now i can get cosmetic stuff off the biie nooo problem but im having a reallyyyyyyyyy tough time getting more things off like the carb. Possibly the airbox to its really dirty and needs to be cleaned. I did the 3x3 and didnt really have tape or time to clean it yesterday and then it fell of a jack. I just need alot of help over the next week probably with taking things off and getting them on. I have the clymer manual but it doesnt seem to be of much help. I would like to take things off and give it a good clean but i cant find the help. Please and thank you for your time in advance if anyone chooses to help me

But honestly after really looking it over lol its got 9 years of mud and dirt on it is it even worth my time to just clean? It doesnt seem like it the way these things are built lol to many places to pack mud and wayyy to hard to remove anythkng. But all replies are appreciated thank uou everyone

Its like half apart already... i shouldve washed it first i didnt think itd be to difficult to take a couple things off. I may have the carb off. I could probably clean the airbox without removing it if its gonna be difficult to remove. Id rather remove it but either way

Seriously you want to pull apart a bike caked in mud. Your asking for trouble. Put it back together and clean it before pulling it apart. If dirt falls into the engine it's going to cost you.

• Like 2

Its not caked sorry im a little frustrated and may be over exaggerating. I just wanted to get it a lil cleaner. Its ot even any mud its just got some dirt here and there. The airbox isnt really that bad either i just wanted to get a couple more things off i guess to get in there and clean. I have buddys that have been helping me but there working at the moment. On this kind of thing i dont work the best alone.

1400096013254.jpg

1400096030700.jpg

I mean if the dirt really doesnt matter and im just being dumb then ill get to work lol. I def do wanna clean up the swingarm and linkage and grease that up but thats probably gonna be tm. Was thinking about adjusting the suspension. Ive never done it before though but from what ive read its not very hard. Figure might as well do it all while im here but i kind of need step by step type of thing. I only have another 2 hrs today but will be back at it tm morning. I have a list of things i need to put on i can do a couple of them myself no prob just a couple technical things i guess and a lil disassembling is where i need help

The temptation to troll is too dam high!

Take pictures of everything before you take stuff off and then just do it. No specific way to take apart a bike you just go with the flow. The pictures will help a lot putting it bacl together

• Like 2

Thanks lol nah its been a kinda crappy day since i saw my bike layin on the ground so yea ive been a lil stressed today i had other plans with the bike that just slowed me down a lil but yea everything should be good got the case savers on today and the carb off

pressure wash that sum bitch. try spraying purple power or some sort of degreaser on it and hit it with a pressure washer  ?

and i go by this when my bike is down or any truck that im working on at work, nothing is impossible and everything mechanical is fixable dont stress to much man you will be riding in no time

Edited by fuentes52