Sign in to follow this  

Blowin the Blues

Ok Everyone I know I going to catch some grief on this and believe me I've heard it all and really don't need anymore but here goes.

I have 2013 KXF450 and while doing an oil change I somehow put the filter in backwards ( i know, dumb a__).  It got hot, warped the head and cost some $ to fix.  I bought a new head, piston, rings, gasket kit and all the crap needed to rebuild it.  The rebuild went fine and seemed to solve the issues.  

However, It now smokes a little when i crack the throttle. This usually happens when its idling.  It has a few hours on it so it shouldn't be a break in issue. Everything was torqued to factoy specs.

What color is the smoke? 

Smoking after a rebuild could be the oil scraper ring not abutted properly. Or if you used oil on the rings/cylinder and they didnt seat well.

The smoke is bluish in color and but it is only visible after the bike is idling for a few minutes and I rev the engine.

Guides or rings one of the two , if it don't smoke all the time I would say guides , does it do it when first cranked up for the day then clears up?

Edited by Whatwentwrong

That's what mine does smokes for about 2 seconds then doesn't smoke all day will this be guides

Yep (most if the time) also could have a week ring seal when cold letting some blowby till motor gets hot and rings expand and seal up tighter!!