Sign in to follow this  

Greased Lightning help :(

New here to the forms and so I need some help. I wasn't thinking about this at the time, but I washed my bikes with this stuff and it messed up the aluminium pretty bad and I saw after some research that someone previously on these forms did the same thing but I never found out if there was any fix for this? :banghead:  Is there even a fix for this problem? Thanks for your help in advanced. :cry: :cry:

I'm guessing it was all of the anodized parts that it messed up (rims, fork tubes, shock body, swingarm, etc). Unfortunately there is no fox for this other than getting the parts re-anodized.

Ok thanks for quick reply. Would it hurt to try and polish the fork tubes with some aluminum polish? What about just re-anodizing the fork tubes? Is there a long process that goes along with re-anodizing them? Im not too worried about the rims and swing arm because that wasn't affect that bad. It was mainly to fork tubes.  

Edited by CKR72

If you are having them re-anodized it's not going to hurt to try and clean them up. I'd give it a shot you can't hurt them much more. 

So if I just leave them alone will they still be ok? Will the internal components be fine and everything? I don't think I really want to have to go through the process of re-anodizing them. But when it comes time for fork seals I will most likely just order new OEM fork tubes.