Sign in to follow this  

Horsepower Factory XR500

I've got a 1980 Horsepower Factory XR500 built by Alba Honda in Encinitas, California. It has a C&J frame, Fox Factory Forks and Fox piggy back factory shocks. It has an aluminum banana swingarm and aluminum side plates. It has several tanks, (CR) Cr fenders, Sun rims and Metzlers. I first saw it and several others at the four stroke nationals in Carlsbad. Jim O'neal raced one and mine was built and owned  the owner of Alba Honda. Mine is in great shape and from what I've seen on forums, is worth a few bucks. Anyone have any more information on these bikes? I've owned it since 1980 and haven't seen another since, except for a few magazine articles from that time.

Thanks,

Barry

Thanks for responding. Here it is. These are the first pictures I've posted. Look familiar?

]IMG_1711.JPGIMG_1688.JPGIMG_1709.JPGIMG_1706.JPGDSCN0861.JPG

Edited by bvandyke
  • Like 4

Old outdated beater, not really worth much. But I am a very compassionate person and its obvious you need some more room in your garage for more current scooters.  So I'll offer a couple thou as an attempt to help.  I really do care for your future well being. Honest! Really I do. Truly! ;)

Edited by YHGEORGE
  • Like 1

Nice! Do you ever take it out and let it stretch its legs? :)

I do believe I have a basket case like this, but with a very nice but unusual monoshock set up. Certainly got 44mm Fox Factory forks on it, and the swing arm looks similar enough.

I'll have to dig it out and get some pics.

See one at Farleigh Castle vets here in the UK every year and got to say would love to own one myself.

P1010623.JPG

• Like 1

See one at Farleigh Castle vets here in the UK every year and got to say would love to own one myself.

FC has the coolest bikes on the planet on an annual basis, the Twin Shock UK scene is amazing.

Old outdated beater, not really worth much. But I am a very compassionate person and its obvious you need some more room in your garage for more current scooters.  So I'll offer a couple thou as an attempt to help.  I really do care for your future well being. Honest! Really I do. Truly! ;)

I will offer $10 more!