Sign in to follow this  

I have to Thumpertalk people are way friendlier than people on my Jeep Forum.

Just wanted to say this after spending some time in a Jeep Forum.  I also have a Jeep as well as dirt bikes and due to my interest in it, I had joined a Jeep Forum.  Many of the most vocal guys on the forum are elitist and tend to look down on you if you dont have a 3000 dollar lift on your Jeep. 

Coming here, you get good advice and most of the posters have no problem helping the newbies as well as the old pros. 

There are some winners here too. Dont get me wrong but I get a much friendlier vibe here than i do there. 

Just wanted to give my Thumpertalk Family some props.

• Like 17

I would say it is people in general.

Some just believe if they have a Honda, they are better than you!

Even if we all know better.

Lmbo

Thanks for posting.

TT is full of good folks.

Probably enough mechanics and jeep enthusiast's here to get what you need for info.

• Like 8

Just wanted to say this after spending some time in a Jeep Forum.  I also have a Jeep as well as dirt bikes and due to my interest in it, I had joined a Jeep Forum.  Many of the most vocal guys on the forum are elitist and tend to look down on you if you dont have a 3000 dollar lift on your Jeep. 

Coming here, you get good advice and most of the posters have no problem helping the newbies as well as the old pros. 

There are some winners here too. Dont get me wrong but I get a much friendlier vibe here than i do there. 

Noticed this on some bike specific forums also, half a dozen guys been everywhere, done everything. Challenge their beliefs, you get shouted down, rather than rational discourse. Lot's of variety of thought here, but usually civil.

Mike

• Like 2

Id have to disagree, there are plenty of those types depending on what sections you frequent on here.. you just havent found them yet.. trust me the grass isnt always greener..

• Like 3

Meh I would say it is still the interwebs.... LOL

I am on JeepForum and on here... not on JeepForum much now that I sold my Heep but have been on there for a very long time (2003 join date) I agree there are a lot of online tuff guys but if you really want to get bet up on the interwebs go to pirate4x4 those guys will ban you for not having 37s and lockers

• Like 2

Id have to disagree, there are plenty of those types depending on what sections you frequent on here.. you just havent found them yet.. trust me the grass isnt always greener..

I know there are some of those here as well but they do not invade every forum.  Most are pretty good here.  I have been here for several years and am commenting on the overall vibe of the Thumper Talk community.

• Like 1

Meh I would say it is still the interwebs.... LOL

I am on JeepForum and on here... not on JeepForum much now that I sold my Heep but have been on there for a very long time (2003 join date) I agree there are a lot of online tuff guys but if you really want to get bet up on the interwebs go to pirate4x4 those guys will ban you for not having 37s and lockers

I am on JeepForum and the argument seems to be that you have to johnny joints and if lift is made by anyone besides Currie then you should not even bother putting it in 4 wheel drive.

I have had Jeeps my whole life.  I love going 4 wheeling.  It gives me a similar feeling as riding my dirt bike with out the constant threat of injury.  The adrenalin output is better on the dirt bike. They both have there place in my life.

I am on JeepForum and the argument seems to be that you have to johnny joints and if lift is made by anyone besides Currie then you should not even bother putting it in 4 wheel drive.

I had a Rubicon with long arms and it out wheeled 1/2 the bigger jeeps on the trail.... 

Don't worry most of those interwebs wheelers are just that. they never really leave there house but to get food in their "built" grocery getter

Edited by nickbaldwin86
  • Like 2

More dirtbiker chicks need to come to the general part of the forum more often......... I don't want to hang out too much in the 'girls' section of the forum, in fear of being labled creeper status. 

Edited by Honda_Power
  • Like 2

I have had Jeeps my whole life.  I love going 4 wheeling.  It gives me a similar feeling as riding my dirt bike with out the constant threat of injury.  The adrenalin output is better on the dirt bike. They both have there place in my life.

Oh I still wheel, Just not in a jeep, that really pisses most of them off too.

• Like 1

More dirtbiker chicks need to come to the general part of the forum more often......... I don't want to hang out too much in the 'girls' section of the forum, in fear of being labled creeper status. 

That seems kinda random lol.

• Like 4

I'm on Jeep Forum and another motorcycle site. I can agree that there are keyboard wheelers and riders. I ignore them. I ride AND I wheel my Jeep. They ain't gonna stop me. I don't have 37s but I got a locker. My Jeep gets me thru stuff I wouldn't think it would, but suprises me.

On the bike side, these guys take 20 thousand dollar Adventure bikes and take them down trails that would be tough for me on a dirt bike. No thanks, my Tiger doesn't see that much heavy duty off road status. That's why I bought my YZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

Jeep people are just angry while they are waiting at the dealership for 3 months of the year getting them fixed.......duh

(never read the topic /iTrollol sorry)  :p 

Compared to the political section of Huff, this forum is Disneyland where you find nice folk that are willing to help you out if you have a problem or question or comment. I was on Huff for many years, and if I learned anything, it's people that don't or haven't ridden bikes are too wound up. People that do, are mellow and easy going. I'm glad I found TT, it's been both satisfying and therapeutic. :thinking::devil:

• Like 6

Thumb's up to you and TT. Good to hear positive about this crazy site, and you are correct, very good people here from the young and restless to the older fart's like me. condor, you should spend the big buck's and join in on TEAM.

• Like 2

Lockers represent.

:prof:

DSC05739_zps9161ca2e.jpg

What kinda locker you running? I got a Aussie in my Dana Turdy5.

Haven't upgraded to the 8.8 yet. (89 yj on 33s)

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

• Like 1