Sign in to follow this  

Will Ktm 125 case work with a Ktm 150sx case

Uh-oh. No updates to your Namura/rebuild thread after the tight crank, and now your asking about cases matching. What'd you do to your case?

125 and 150 share the same part number for 07-2012, BTW.

Edited by ubu
  • Like 1

Are you sure? Unless it happens to be a YZ two stroke, I can't imagine it being the same for the last ten years, but I may be wrong.

It's possible that the cases may have been the same for that long, and the changes centered primarily around the top-end and crank.

If the part number is the same it should fit. But keep in mind it's usually  not a good idea to replace only one case half, they should be replaced as a set.

Why do you need a case half?

We went to press the main bearing and it fell out the bottom cracking and breaking the case...

We went to press the main bearing and it fell out the bottom cracking and breaking the case...

Next time, freeze the bearings and heat the cases. The bearings will literally fall in.

Freeze the crank too, makes it much easier to install.

Edited by Chokey
  • Like 1

So did you ever try to tighten the primay gear to seat the crank like I suggested? Or did you just assume it was the main bearing, pull the cases apart and try to push them in more, breaking the case?

Like I said before, this is different than a Jap bike with 2 ball bearings. I just finished my 1st one a few weaks ago, and the way it goes together threw my brain off a bit. But we were patient and followed the manual.

Also next time don't torch the cases. Just put them in the oven. They'll heat more evenly that way.

For the record, I don't think your "mechanic" is of much help.

• Like 1

Yeah he's not of much help. I have done basically everything and &%$#@!ed up because of his thoughts on how to do it. That's why I asked you guys for ANY tips about it all... Yal gave a lot of stuff though. I tried doing the crankcase puller. I got a tusk puller from a friend to use this time. I will put case into oven. Can I leave all bearings in??? The tranny ones

Yeah he's not of much help. I have done basically everything and &%$#@!ed up because of his thoughts on how to do it. That's why I asked you guys for ANY tips about it all... Yal gave a lot of stuff though. I tried doing the crankcase puller. I got a tusk puller from a friend to use this time. I will put case into oven. Can I leave all bearings in??? The tranny ones

Heat won't hurt them remember not too hot . Only need i think 210* so i wouldn't set it over 230* or so , Wash them again good soap and water if not your house will smell like burnt oil  :lol:

Cases were updated in late 04/05

I know this as I had a 2004 200sx and the case broke around the clutch slave.

Ktm warrantied and remember looking at part# and it was an updated part.

2002 will fit but not have the update they put into the case in late 04/early05.

Come to think of it I still have the cases from 04 which side do you need?

If it's the side opposite the clutch slave I could look for it.

honestly i don't know what the update was(think it was to stop the slave side from breaking as seemed to be common problem)but will not stop the 2002 cases from working(or the updates would not have fit my 04).