Sign in to follow this  

What's your percentage of riding on paved and dirt roads?

I live on a mile of dirt road to get to anywhere-so i guessing 40 dirt 60 paved--trails count as dirt roads BTW in this unofficial poll?? :ride: :ride:

Probably like 95% paved road 5% anything else. I bought the CRF250L to be a commuter bike I can go offroading in when I get the itch.

still 100% on road.... except a lawn, divider, median, curb, flower box, landscape structure, or flooded roads with sand washed across them...  lol

• Like 4

90% road and 10% dirt so far. But that'll change. I bought it to ride up at my dad's cabin, but there's been snow on trails. I plan on at least 50/50 now.

• Like 1

When I bought it I was planning on 50/50. But it's turned out to be 99% tarmac and 1% dirt. But now I have my 6 year old on his pw50. I hope it goes to 50/50. I've also thought about buying a crf250r and keep the L clean. Not sure yet. My L has 1800 miles and is still as clean as new.

• Like 2

for me it depends on if we are talking time or miles here .... I do a lot of short in town travels but, when I do get out on the back roads I clock 60-80 miles or so in a day and that equals 6-10 days of in town travels ...  :excuseme:

on the trails I can spend 4 hours and only log 20 miles ....  :shocked:

So I think I spend 90% street and 10% trails or off road in terms of miles .... but I am closer to a 50/50 in terms of time spent. 

• Like 2

for me it depends on if we are talking time or miles here .... I do a lot of short in town travels but, when I do get out on the back roads I clock 60-80 miles or so in a day and that equals 6-10 days of in town travels ...  :excuseme:

on the trails I can spend 4 hours and only log 20 miles ....  :shocked:

So I think I spend 90% street and 10% trails or off road in terms of miles .... but I am closer to a 50/50 in terms of time spent. 

Had not thought of that when i posted --was just trying to keep it simple is all??

• Like 2

Had not thought of that when i posted --was just trying to keep it simple is all??

Simple !!! .... you want Simple !!! ..... you can't handle the Simple !!! ...........  :p

• Like 1

Simple !!! .... you want Simple !!! ..... you can't handle the Simple !!! ...........  :p

As in KISS

• Like 1

100% street.   I bought this bike as an urban assault vehicle.

Someone on here should be able to hook you up with a 50cal and a way to mount it on your bike, and maybe a tank bag to store some grenades, they're always handy.

:)

• Like 5

At the moment im riding 70% road and 30% dirt in terms of miles but in terms of time it's probably 70% dirt 30% road.

• Like 2

80/20 street, I commute as often as I can and that's all paved. I'd like to be more like 50/50 and I think I will be soon... Only certain club trails are open, others will open soon. Also, I need more people to go; I keep pestering a buddy of mine to get is DR put back together and the Wife will soon be tagging along on the wheeler. 

• Like 2