Sign in to follow this  

Hinson Clutch

Hey guys,

I've been wondering for awhile, why is the Hinson clutch so much? I understand it's supposed to last longer and such, but why the $1000 price tag?

Is it an auto clutch, or what is so special about it to justify the price?

Thanks for any answers and clearing this up.

FYI - everything bike related costs way too much, they know its like crack to us and have us all by the BALLS !!

• Like 2

It is made of the highest quality parts and is supposed to last the longest.  Why do they charge so much? Because people are stupid enough to pay that much for it. Same deal with yeti coolers. Who would pay $400 for a cooler that couldnt have cost more than $25 to manufacture? But people do, in astonishing numbers.

I think you have to factor in that its not just the "clutch", but the entire assembly (hub/basket/discs/plate etc) that all come out to that. The mix of machining and materials is pretty out there when you really think about that.

Asides that....no idea. Any of this niche market stuff will always be expensive, and dirt bikes are exactly that. Just a niche market....now consider upgraded aftermarket clutches within said market... 

It is made of the highest quality parts and is supposed to last the longest.  Why do they charge so much? Because people are stupid enough to pay that much for it. Same deal with yeti coolers. Who would pay $400 for a cooler that couldnt have cost more than $25 to manufacture? But people do, in astonishing numbers.

And you get cool stickers . 

• Like 1