Sign in to follow this  

Tdc on 98 klx 250?

How do I find top dead center on this bike? Would anyone know what the valve clearance should be? I want to check my valves. Thank guys

U probably don't want to hear this. But I would buy a manual. Only cause if u ask 10 people what the clearance should be you'll get about 8 different answers. Plus you'll get other info in the manual like fork fluid. It's worth having if u work on your own bike

I hear ya, but it's a friends bike that he gave to me to ride around a bit cause he doesn't know how to ride. So I don't want to put money in this bike cause he could take it back at any time.

Ask him to get a manual. Or u can get a clymer for about 30 bucks. That's not bad for getting to ride a bike for free. Or go to the dealer to see if they have one u can look at.

I hear ya, but it's a friends bike that he gave to me to ride around a bit cause he doesn't know how to ride. So I don't want to put money in this bike cause he could take it back at any time.

Then just ride it and don't work on it.

Haha yeah but I don't want to blow it up for me not wanting to do easy maintenance. I guess I'm cheap. Haha I have my own bikes to put money In.

Thanks Brewster, I check the valves all within specs. Clean the carb and the pilot jet seemed to have a blockage. Fired right up. That bike has been pretty resilient. It is abused by riders that are just starting and friends. Its still holding up strong.