Sign in to follow this  

How do you replace clutch fluid on a 2014 KTM 350 SXF?

I have read the directions that say to inject it from the bottom up.  So I bought the $40 (!) KTM syringe that is recommended in the manual and removed the small bleeder bolt.  At this point, fluid ran out and onto the floor.  Then I found out that the KTM syringe fitting is too large to fit. 

Am I doing something wrong or is the manual incorrect as to the syringe I bought?  Anyone know what I should be using or how to fill it?

Thanks!

I use a mightyvac.

First, suck out all the fluid from the reservoir and put in NEW fluid.

Then attach the mightyvac to the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder and open the line. Suck at least two reservoirs' of fluid through the line, until what comes out is the same color as what's going in. Then, lock the bleed nipple.

Unscrew the slave cylinder from the side of the bike until its about to fall off, but keeping all three screws in tact. Then pump the lever with your hand to push out the piston. After a few pumps, push on the slave cylinder slowly and the reservoir should fill up with fluid. Do that process a few times, pumping and pushing and if you do it right, you will have back bled the system properly and forced any trapped air out. Then screw the slave back on again properly and you should be good to go!

just use the syringe with the tubing without the fitting ... place the tubing on the stock bleeder and back bleed the clutch slave . then you don't need anymore tools and it seems to works best I've found anyway. oh just make sure the syringe and line are free of air bubbles and don't spill (over fill ) reservoir.

Dot 4 brake fluid I think it says on the cap ?

clean the dirt out of the nipple before you back bleed thru it

hang a 5 gal bucket from the handle bar to catch the overflow

• Like 1