Head Shake Issue - Different Suspension Settings for US/ Canada /EUR / NZ/ AUS

I am dealing with a nice head shake on acceleration and in reading the manual again I have noticed the asterisks for the standard suspension settings. So you have different standards for the suspension depending on where the bike is sold. Especially fork settings, shock settings are almost identical.

Does anyone know why?

For my headshake, what I read was that it can be corrected by:

- increasing sag

- increasing front compression

-reducing front rebound

Also found people stating that too stiff of a fork bounces of the bumps and causes the same effect.

Even though the 2006 WR250f manual says that sag has to be between 90-100mm, I have it set now at 104-105, with static sag at 35. Also plan to set the fork to the european standard, softer with a bit less rebound. But that after I try the increased sag.

Does anyone know if the rapport of static/ race sag has to be 1/3?

Had the chance to try the bike on a very slippery motocross track. With the sag at 104-105 I don't have the head shake any more. Also tested the slower rebound(2 clicks) and softer front (2 clicks) just like Europeans have it. Change is subtle, can't say I noticed the difference on this muddy track. I will report back. 

My conclusion - just like everything else on these bikes, do your homework and be sure you know the steps then go for it! I am amazed of how much info is out there and how much can be done in your own garage.