Sign in to follow this  

High bars

Hey guys, I am in need of some advice.  I am 6' tall, I am trying to ride with better form (stand up more) but I am finding that I have to hunch over most of the time in order to do that because my bars are too low.  I was considering just getting some tusk 15mm risers but I don't want to look like on of those Harleys with the bars 3 feet above my head either.  I did some searching and saw recommendations for the Renthal RC High bars but once again the guys recommending those bars were 6'5" in some cases.  I am hoping to get some feedback from guys who are about my height to find a bar that will fit me or feedback on whether the 15mm risers will be just fine instead of paying for the tall bars.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Running windham's with bar risers very comfortable standing for me at least. Just over 6 ft here

Running windham's with bar risers very comfortable standing for me at least. Just over 6 ft here

How tall are your risers?  Is Windham's bars as tall or not as tall as the RC high's?  What is your opinion on just using a 15mm riser on stock bars?

I'm 6'2" I use the moose racing risers it's like 2 inches... Now I can't seem to sit down, the trick is high bars with a high seat so while sitting u look normal and feel normal with elbows up but when u stand it's amazing how comfortable u feel. Risers are the best!

Ill get a measurement of the risers this evening for you.

I added a set of Tusk bar risers to several of my son's bikes over the years as he hit growth spurts. I have a set on my YZ125 and they work great for me too (I'm 6ft). I'd try them first.

I added a set of Tusk bar risers to several of my son's bikes over the years as he hit growth spurts. I have a set on my YZ125 and they work great for me too (I'm 6ft). I'd try them first.

I talked to my cousin who is 5'11".  He says he has 2" risers on his bike and thinks they are perfect.  I decided to order the tusk 30mm risers and give them a try.  That should be about 1.5". 

Got the 30mm risers and installed them today.  Like the result a lot.  Not as much hunching over while standing up, at least on the little test rides around my neighborhood.  On a side note, I had installed a motion pro throttle cable that is supposed to be for the 00 CR250 in order to get more slack in the throttle last year.  It never seemed to have any more slack than the stock cable so I decided to take a chance and get the OEM cable for the 00 cr250 and after installing the risers I had to install it since the motion pro cable was too short with the risers.  Well, long story short, the OEM cable was quite a bit longer than the motion pro one while holding them side by side, and I now have enough slack even with the 30mm risers with the OEM cable.  Not sure if the Motion pro cable was just defective or what, but it was much shorter than the OEM one.  I have had good luck with motion pro in the past, but I think I will stick with OEM cables in the future. 

Edited by frdbtr
  • Like 1

Got the 30mm risers and installed them today. Like the result a lot. Not as much hunching over while standing up, at least on the little test rides around my neighborhood. On a side note, I had installed a motion pro throttle cable that is supposed to be for the 00 CR250 in order to get more slack in the throttle last year. It never seemed to have any more slack than the stock cable so I decided to take a chance and get the OEM cable for the 00 cr250 and after installing the risers I had to install it since the motion pro cable was too short with the risers. Well, long story short, the OEM cable was quite a bit longer than the motion pro one while holding them side by side, and I now have enough slack even with the 30mm risers with the OEM cable. Not sure if the Motion pro cable was just defective or what, but it was much shorter than the OEM one. I have had good luck with motion pro in the past, but I think I will stick with OEM cables in the future.

always use oem cables. They last way longer than Motion Pro. Most genuine Honds parts are better than after market parts.
  • Like 1

always use oem cables. They last way longer than Motion Pro. Most genuine Honds parts are better than after market parts.

Yeah, I didn't mention this but I had used a motion pro clutch cable on my 125, lasted about a year before it snapped.  The clutch pull wasn't difficult or anything and the cable just snapped at the lever.  It now has an OEM one on it.  Not too impressed with their cables.  I have used other products of theirs though that have worked really well and their line of tools are awesome.

Yeah, I didn't mention this but I had used a motion pro clutch cable on my 125, lasted about a year before it snapped. The clutch pull wasn't difficult or anything and the cable just snapped at the lever. It now has an OEM one on it. Not too impressed with their cables. I have used other products of theirs though that have worked really well and their line of tools are awesome.

their tools are legit.