Sign in to follow this  

California We're on FIRE again!

It's that time of the year again. California is on fire again, this time it's starting down south. There's nothing more sad than waking up, turning on the tube, and seeing folks burned out of their livelihood. I pray for any and all that has to go through that. Anyone here being affected? :devil:

• Like 1

It's that time of the year again. California is on fire again, this time it's starting down south. There's nothing more sad than waking up, turning on the tube, and seeing folks burned out of their livelihood. I pray for any and all that has to go through that. Anyone here being affected? :devil:

Multiple fires down here in San Diego County.  Some don't make the news like the small one about a quarter mile from my house that the FD knocked out quickly.  The others were either north, west, or south of me!  Many others are not so fortunate right now.

Some of the on-scene news reporters are being annoying with people evacuating (what are you taking and why?,  Are you concerned?, etc.)

Edited by agia

Multiple fires down here in San Diego County.  Some don't make the news like the small one about a quarter mile from my house that the FD knocked out quickly.  The others were either north, west, or south of me!  Many others are not so fortunate right now.

Some of the on-scene news reporters are being annoying with people evacuating (what are you taking and why?,  Are you concerned?, etc.)

I'm no fan of the media, but when you have homes on fire and people losing their livelihoods, there's nothing worse than seeing them on the street not able to do anything and helpless and getting more rattled by the media. :devil:

• Like 2

You mean like "We are on FIRE again!"   :facepalm:

There's nothing sensualizing about people losing their homes and livelihood. Most of us are lucky we don't have to deal with shit like that, but at least let's show some support. I opened this conversation in hopes of seeking out those TT brothers and sisters that are going through it to add our support and let them know we feel their pain. Our prayers go out to the many families right this minute homeless because some ass sucking idiot started a fire (in most cases). :devil:

• Like 1

I might add that I was truly surprised at the number of people I saw TODAY hanging cigarettes out their car windows, flicking ashes, and throwing their cigarette butts outside.  Get a clue...

• Like 1

There's nothing sensualizing about people losing their homes and livelihood. Most of us are lucky we don't have to deal with shit like that, but at least let's show some support. I opened this conversation in hopes of seeking out those TT brothers and sisters that are going through it to add our support and let them know we feel their pain. Our prayers go out to the many families right this minute homeless because some ass sucking idiot started a fire (in most cases). :devil:

Ok Opra...  see the irony...  don't go postal...  I'll be riding down that way Sunday...  I can come by after and give you a hug if you are still feeling sensitive...  PM me your address and I'll swing by.  No sex...  just affection.  ;)

:smashpc:

Edited by BOLT aka Jeff

Ok Opra...  see the irony...  don't go postal...  I'll be riding down that way Sunday...  I can come by after and give you a hug if you are still feeling sensitive...  PM me your address and I'll swing by.  No sex...  just affection.  ;)

:smashpc:

:lol::moon: and stop watching Opra, that's probably why you're so cynical today. Instead of what you propose, why don't you just say a prayer for the many families right now wondering what they're going to do tomorrow. That would work for me. Keep the hug at the ready when you "go down that way" and see any families salvaging what's left of their burned out homes. :thinking::devil:

• Like 1

I was affected by the fire. We left Point Loma at 3:30pm today and had to go all the was north to Ortega HWY then across and over to Murrieta at 7:30pm ish. We had to go so far north because of the 15 and 76 freeway closures. I even cut through Pendleton but ammunition rd was closed because 14 area and del luz housing was up in smoke.

If someone is lighting these fires I would like to drag them behind my vehicle for hours on the 15 north in the carpool lane.

PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILY's who lost there houses today.

ya not to take anything away from the people who lost stuff and fire fighters. I'm in north country and helped friends in rancho bernardo last night and off poinsettia today. Reality and what the news 'reports' are very different.

• Like 1

I was affected by the fire. We left Point Loma at 3:30pm today and had to go all the was north to Ortega HWY then across and over to Murrieta at 7:30pm ish. We had to go so far north because of the 15 and 76 freeway closures. I even cut through Pendleton but ammunition rd was closed because 14 area and del luz housing was up in smoke.

If someone is lighting these fires I would like to drag them behind my vehicle for hours on the 15 north in the carpool lane.

PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILY's who lost there houses today.

I heard Pendleton was also on fire and they evacuated part of the base. When those dry desert bushes catch fire, their like fuel popping infernos sending ember all over the place. The wind we've been having wasn't helpful. Just last week El Cajon (some construction there) was on fire and people riding the I15 got screwed and spent hours trying to get out of the area. If someone IS lighting these fires, I'd set them on fire, and hand them a can of gas. Was your home or area affected? :devil:

• Like 1

Not to take away from the SD area. Fortunately we haven't had any homes lost. I hope everyone stays safe down there. Here are some from up here.

F17090E1-0790-4036-BFE1-DBA77645A827_zps66D20A61-77B9-412E-88A5-3EE104AC366E_zps57D861C9-F341-4FB2-B0BA-CCBC677C605F_zps4B7487EE-2644-4358-BFD8-60ADE4089FB8_zpsAF5024E3-E8C9-4105-97BC-A2371103CD97_zpsE5B49AE8-7864-4FA9-A2A1-2A696E7A7EC3_zps

Edited by rbernardi

I heard Pendleton was also on fire and they evacuated part of the base. When those dry desert bushes catch fire, their like fuel popping infernos sending ember all over the place. The wind we've been having wasn't helpful. Just last week El Cajon (some construction there) was on fire and people riding the I15 got screwed and spent hours trying to get out of the area. If someone IS lighting these fires, I'd set them on fire, and hand them a can of gas. Was your home or area affected? :devil:

No not my home or area thank God but were not out of fire season yet. :(

• Like 1

but were not out of fire season yet. :(

We are usually not even IN the fire season in May.  It usually doesn't start until June/July :banghead:

• Like 1

We are usually not even IN the fire season in May. It usually doesn't start until June/July :banghead:

When haven't we been in fire season in the last year?