Sign in to follow this  

Still looking for bike

Hello all. I am 16 years old, 5'7, 120 pounds and am looking for a bigger bike(currently ride a xr100r). I ride a lot of sandy, dry, rocky creeks, and love to do hill climbs. I will be paying for the bike for myself, so my budget will be about 3k.

I was wondering if this bike was overpriced and not worth shipping it here(I live in southeast Colorado). Thanks in advance

Hello all. I am 16 years old, 5'7, 120 pounds and am looking for a bigger bike(currently ride a xr100r). I ride a lot of sandy, dry, rocky creeks, and love to do hill climbs. I will be paying for the bike for myself, so my budget will be about 3k.

I was wondering if this bike was overpriced and not worth shipping it here(I live in southeast Colorado). Thanks in advance

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400127483.778828.jpg

I just bought a brand new 2014 crf250r so I'm selling my old bike which is a 2011 rmz250. It's a wonderful bike cranks first kick and I've never had a single problem out of it. My point is it's a fuel injected 4 stroke that is 4 years newer than that ktm and I'm only asking 2700 for it. So in my opinion yes that ktm 200 is overpriced.

On the same token though if that bike really has less than 15 hours and that guy isn't just pulling your leg then it may be worth looking into. 2 strokes are cheaper to rebuild when they do blow up so if your on a budget that could also sway your decision.

That bike looks really clean and you know how hard it is to find a good used 200 in this part of the country. It definitely looks better than any of the 200's here in Co. That being said, there is risk involved in buying a used bike, sight unseen, and having it shipped. Maybe you could reduce the risk by having the seller take it to a Baltimore dealer for an independent assessment and then having the dealer crate and ship it to you. That still won't guarantee you are not buying a stolen bike unless the seller can show the dealer proof of ownership. I suspect that going through all this will cause the seller too much hassle and he will just wait for a local buyer, and you will bust your budget by time you pay for an assessment, crating, and shipping. Hopefully something comparable shows up closer to home so you can check it out in person and skip the shipping expenses.

CoKTM

Edited by coktm
  • Like 1