Sign in to follow this  

Sharing the rides

Well between my 'L's' the 250 and 650 been racking up some miles.  Just putter chores and over 1000miles on each since April.  Both are serviced and doing great, got some parts due in for the 650 to lighten it and make it more road friendly, and my son in law is learning to chase grand daughter on her 110 around the track here at the farm on the 250.  I still putter the MX facility and now with a beginner/vintage track a good workout on the 250 is my after work 'fun'.  Saving up for a race tech suspension on the 250L, and as a bonus race tech is going to modernize the suspension on my YZ490J this coming winter.  New internal parts in the old tubes and a complete rebuild of the monoshock in rear.

Momma (wife) runs hot and cold on learning to ride, she puttered for awhile on the 250, now no interest, she prefers to watch grand daughter and me 'race' on the farm.  I still love the 250L for the short hauls, and use the 650 to go to Omaha and other places further out.  My NY trip has been delayed, but still going on the 650 here mid July now hopefully.

A lot of people have shown an interest in buying the 250, but I am going to keep it, I did let two of my friends wives borrow it for their road tests though, both passed after my 'training' program.  Now just to get Momma on the same path........

• Like 2

I hope to get the wife on the L. But she is not as easy to convince bikes are fun. My son on the other hand it is going to be hard to hold the reins back. I am going to have to really set those throttle stops when he starts. Ha ha ha. Congrats on your family being so involved. Great Times.

My wife is insanely jealous that I'm dirt biking. I think she's missing her Xt225. She's already mentioned trading machines when we go out with the quad... I don't mind swapping and riding the Griz as long as she lets me have my L back!

We thought about selling the CRF a few times but decided to keep it because it's such a rad little bike for short-distance stuff. Amanda now loves the CRF250L with the Kouba installed. She can get both feet on the ground and man-handle the bike. I carefully follow her on the CB500X. I still love swinging a leg over the CRF every few days, though. Two different bikes with two different purposes. The CB is now my daily ride. It's far more easy to live with and I'm not stopping at every other gas station for 1 gal of fuel.

A lot of people have shown an interest in buying the 250, but I am going to keep it, I did let two of my friends wives borrow it for their road tests though, both passed after my 'training' program.  Now just to get Momma on the same path........

Irish769 lives in Lincoln and needs to sell his bike ... it sounds like a sweet deal and maybe you can point someone his direction if he still has it ... :thumbsup:  

My wife talked me into letting her ride my bike an xr at the time--She had about 40k behind me riding two up--She did fine till she stopped and got off walking away withOUT putting the kickstand down??? Never asked to ride alone again??

• Like 1