Sign in to follow this  

I have an old wrist injury. What can be done now?

Approx 15 years ago I believe I broke my left wrist. I never went to the doctor. I put it in a wrist brace and taped it up. The pain subsided after approx 3 to 4 weeks. I have had general weakness in the wrist since that time. It has also been painful to bend backwards and not as flexible as my right wrist. It actually does not affect me riding though. In the last year I have noticed that it has been going numb while I sleep. I wake up and the only way I can restore feeling in it is to relax the wrist and grasp it with my right hand and pull until it cracks and the feeling comes back. It has been getting progressively worse lately. Today it locked up while I was putting a tire on my jeep and I had no range of motion. I couldn't bend it up or down and it was painful. I managed to pull out on the wrist with my right hand and crack it. I find myself needing to do this around 10 times a day and 2 times every night. I know I should go to the doctor but don't want the down time once they start trying to fix this. Anyone else have experiences like this?

You say you dont want the down time. Well that's just part of it. If something needs fixing then it has to be down in order to be fixed.  I dont like the down time either but if something is broken or tore and is hurting all the time,then i'm going to take some down time to get it better. That way the down time is cut down to a minimum.

You said it locked up on ya while you were putting a tire on yer jeep. Well!.....that right there is down time. It was hindering you from finishing the job in sufficient time. Then you said you lost range of motion in it and that there will start hindering you from getting things done in a timely manner.

Time to see a doc. If it healed wrong you may be stuck with it, or they may break it to fix it. Either way sounds like you need to get checked out, it'd be foolish to keep putting it off when you suffer daily.

I would not say I am suffering. Most of the time I am ok. I have functioned for a long time this way doing jobs that I mostly worked with my hands. Some times I go through a bad spell where it is more painful. I still ride regularly. I will get it X rayed as soon as I can afford it. I have found myself between jobs at the moment and money is tight.

Had to read this post, i Have the exact same issue left wrist can't bend it much ( a real pain for push ups) and you can see a lil bump where it hurts mind you i only did mine about 2 years ago. 

after reading this an hearing with your exp with leaving it, it's going to get a lot worse, i think i might pay the doc a visit !!

I hope you get it sorted mate and will be very keen to hear how they fix it. 

Hey, sorry about your wrist injury and the pain you are having. I never face such situation till now but what I think is you should see a nice chiropractor. Because they professional doctors and follow a drug free therapy. So, suggesting you to see at Chiropractic clinic Fairfax, VA.

Had to read this post, i Have the exact same issue left wrist can't bend it much ( a real pain for push ups) and you can see a lil bump where it hurts mind you i only did mine about 2 years ago. 

after reading this an hearing with your exp with leaving it, it's going to get a lot worse, i think i might pay the doc a visit !!

I hope you get it sorted mate and will be very keen to hear how they fix it. 

It has gotton worse then it gets better again.  Right now I am between jobs and kinda of running on a budget so I am holding off again on the wrist.  Not forever but at least until I can pay for the doctor visit.  If you have the means, get it taken care of as soon as possible.  I am in the same boat on push ups.  I can grind out a few but the major pain comes in my wrist.  What I do for push ups now is I grab a skateboard and hang on to the edges with it.  This puts my wrist strait and I am able to do them pain free.