Sign in to follow this  

1998 CR250

It doesn't really matter. I suggest 32:1 but I have a Freind who runs 50:1 no problem. Btw this is just speculation 32:1 because I've never read the manual for one of these but this is what most manufacturers recommend.

1000:1

Too poor to afford oil I see? What if this guy actually ran 1000:1?

It doesn't really matter. I suggest 32:1 but I have a Freind who runs 50:1 no problem. Btw this is just speculation 32:1 because I've never read the manual for one of these but this is what most manufacturers recommend.

Too poor to afford oil I see? What if this guy actually ran 1000:1?

Nah this is not a poor mans hobby/sport.

Not trying to bash the OP, but how many times must we travel down the same path? A 5 second search would have answered any question this rudimentary. There must be a hundred threads about premix and ratios already.

Nah this is not a poor mans hobby/sport.

Not trying to bash the OP, but how many times must we travel down the same path? A 5 second search would have answered any question this rudimentary. There must be a hundred threads about premix and ratios already.

You know, I overreacted and am sorry.

But I still think you could've answered this question just as fast as what you did.

You know, I overreacted and am sorry.

But I still think you could've answered this question just as fast as what you did.

I agree, I could have. Must have caught me in a grumpy mood.

32:1 is pretty much the industry standard.

We always ran 40:1 in our bikes Everyone I pretty much knew ran 40:1. Never saw a sticker on a new bike that said anything different than 32:1. It's important to note that jetting specs can determine what ratio your bike likes... At least I think so. Lol Prob the oil your using as well. Golden spectro containers would always trip me out with their mixing recommendations.

We always ran 40:1 in our bikes Everyone I pretty much knew ran 40:1. Never saw a sticker on a new bike that said anything different than 32:1. It's important to note that jetting specs can determine what ratio your bike likes... At least I think so. Lol Prob the oil your using as well. Golden spectro containers would always trip me out with their mixing recommendations.

I always ran Golden spectro at 50:1 cr125-cr250- cr500's

Never had a issue, if jetted right.

Manual says 32:1, I run 40:1 with synthetic.

I'm baffled that KTM recommends 60:1 for their 2 strokes. But they must have their reasons.

Manual says 32:1, I run 40:1 with synthetic.

I'm baffled that KTM recommends 60:1 for their 2 strokes. But they must have their reasons.

Even the SX?

I run 32:1 in my 97'

I don't think mine would even run at 32:1... Honda smokers have always been jetted on the fat side I run a 170 main with the stock 55 pilot. Edited by HEYbilly

I don't think mine would even run at 32:1... Honda smokers have always been jetted on the fat side I run a 170 main with the stock 55 pilot.

The solution is to re-jet, just because I'm jetted rich i wouldn't use 60:1, as opposed to 32:1. And while it looks good in theory 20:1 would make your bike run leaner if it's jetted rich, when you say "my bite wouldn't even run on 32:1, i assume you're not running something really heavy in oil

The solution is to re-jet, just because I'm jetted rich i wouldn't use 60:1, as opposed to 32:1. And while it looks good in theory 20:1 would make your bike run leaner if it's jetted rich, when you say "my bite wouldn't even run on 32:1, i assume you're not running something really heavy in oil

I don't need to re jet. Why would I? My CR runs great.

This idea you posted about more oil in your gas causing a lean condition, is strange to me. Got a link you could share?