Piston.... which one to choose?

Hi all, i have a Honda Cr250 2000. The big end bearing has broken (con rod axle still fine) and the piston broke a little at the sides en bit at the top( scraps fell into the engine but think the bearings ect is still fine) decided to go with a Pro X con rod kit (big end bearing with shins alone are too expensive) but my question now is....... Which piston make is the best? Should i stick to Pro x? What about Makita, OEM, Numura, vertex? Anyone knowledge or experience (good and bad) about pistons that kan advise?

My cr had a numura piston it and it didn't last to long. Part of the piston had cracked and the little end bearing cage was broke. I've gone over to the wossner piston. Just waiting to install it to see what it's like

Literally just got done putting a namura in mine and had a namura previous too it. Best piston I've ever ran. I refuse to use any other. Never had one break, no issues at all. Cheap and reliable for me! I use castor 927 at 32:1 mix and my piston took a good long beating and was still in good shap but I replaced just because I felt it was time for a new one. I tend to keep good maintenance on my bikes and replace the top end ever 50 hours or so. But it's all in what you favorite. Namura works great for me and anyone that's had a problem, probably screwed it up themselves.

• Like 1

oem pro x vertex, all good cast pistons Wiseco, wossner, moose racing, cp, all good forged pistons (yes moose and cp do make 2 stroke pistons)

namura, steer clear. they are horrible.

A proper fitting pistons is more important than what it is made out of.

Ever use namura? Probably not. Why bash something you know nothing about? I've never had an issue and honestly, they've held up better than wiseco for me. If that's not good enough for you, let me specify. Did you buy the right size piston for your bike or did you blindly buy a random size like a moron and complain that it's the company's fault rather than your own stupidity? Why discourage someone to use a product you personally hate? I've had great luck with namura, good for me. You had bad luck? You find the reason why? And 99% of the time it's installers fault the piston failed. That little 1% is either you were just in crap luck that you got a bad one. Don't bash when you used it 1 time or not at all

Ever use namura? Probably not. Why bash something you know nothing about? I've never had an issue and honestly, they've held up better than wiseco for me. If that's not good enough for you, let me specify. Did you buy the right size piston for your bike or did you blindly buy a random size like a moron and complain that it's the company's fault rather than your own stupidity? Why discourage someone to use a product you personally hate? I've had great luck with namura, good for me. You had bad luck? You find the reason why? And 99% of the time it's installers fault the piston failed. That little 1% is either you were just in crap luck that you got a bad one. Don't bash when you used it 1 time or not at all

i have used namura... it didnt end well. I along with many others who have tried and lost motors due to namura.

About all the namura argument, it's probably one of the most used pistons because of how cheap it is, so due to the fact that there are a lot more out there and the people who use them are often times the ones on a budget, and not assembling correctly, your going to have more failures just due to them being used way more and incorrect installation. Namuras are no worse than OEM pistons, I run them all day long, in all sorts of motors and never, ever, have any issues.

Just run a namura. The whole namura kit works very well.

• Like 1

About all the namura argument, it's probably one of the most used pistons because of how cheap it is, so due to the fact that there are a lot more out there and the people who use them are often times the ones on a budget, and not assembling correctly, your going to have more failures just due to them being used way more and incorrect installation. Namuras are no worse than OEM pistons, I run them all day long, in all sorts of motors and never, ever, have any issues.

Well said! That's hitting the nail right on the head!

I agree but if your piston kit comes with a wrist pin....chunk it...lol and use an OEM.