Sign in to follow this  

2014 yz250f internal faulty shifter arm

I just bought 14 250f.Is there any way know if my shifter has this problem and what exactly is the problem?

There has been speculation that this was only a few earlier bikes. Many of us have spoken to our dealers, yamaha usa and they know of no problems and no updated part, the 450's share the same part too with no issues known. Yamaha is really good about updating parts that have issues (master clip recall, etc). Some of the Yamaha Demo bikes I personally have seen and talked to the guys about have 200 hours with no issues, my friend's has 40 hours and we pulled the assembly to take a look and its fine.

It seems to be a west coast problem< haven't heard of any on the east coast having issues so far, but I got to the bottom of it last week. I called Yamaha motorsports and no recall has bin made or service bulletins. But the original part 

STOPPER LEVER ASSY 
1SL-18140-00-00

is no longer available. the part supersedes to 01-00 which is the upgraded part. unfortunately this part is on back order until mid june here on the east coast.