Sign in to follow this  

crf450x or crf250x

After owning an 07 crf250r for 2 years I decided to switch to a trail bike but Im unsure of what to get. I started riding when I was about 5 years old and I have owned bikes throughout my life, Im 18, 6'0", and weigh about 155. Im a pretty aggressive rider and will go balls to the walls. My buddy has a rmz450 and he loves the power and is only about 5'8. I just think that the power of the 250x wont be enough since ive ridden my 250r all out. Not planning on buying a bike until about mid-summer so I need some help on deciding what to get.

Thanks

Edited by Ahner21

You can do some minor motor work to make the 250X nearly as powerful as the R, but it won't be as fast.

I ride with a couple of 250X guys your size and weight, that have done full motor work. They still struggle on the really tough hills....

The 450X is quite a bit heavier feel than the 250R (....like a 80lb sack of concrete on your lap) but the motor, once properly tuned, is magical.

What about a 450R?

The power of the 250x will be a def decrease from your 250r. I would look at the 450x definetly. Have you looked into some 2 strokes? Ktm has the 200 and the 300. 2 of the best trail bikes out there

• Like 1

The power of the 250x will be a def decrease from your 250r. I would look at the 450x definetly. Have you looked into some 2 strokes? Ktm has the 200 and the 300. 2 of the best trail bikes out there

:thumbsdn:  :naughty:  :lame:  :smashpc:

• Like 1

Yeah the weight is definitely different from the R to the X but Im really looking at getting a trail bike. The X models are what Im looking for because they have a head and taillight in which I may turn it into a supermoto. I also love the electric start on them. Im not all into 2 strokes i'd rather stick with a 4. Also what am I looking at hour wise for maintenance and reliability compared to an R model.

Yeah the weight is definitely different from the R to the X but Im really looking at getting a trail bike. The X models are what Im looking for because they have a head and taillight in which I may turn it into a supermoto. I also love the electric start on them. Im not all into 2 strokes i'd rather stick with a 4. Also what am I looking at hour wise for maintenance and reliability compared to an R model.

The  X is stone cold reliable......once you upgrade to SS valves, just like any CRF. 

It's still the best handling motorcycle I've ever owned or ridden.

DSCN0008.jpg

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick