Sign in to follow this  

2011 yz250f fork seals

Whats the best replacement fork seals and what fluid and fluid level is everyone running?

Whats the best replacement fork seals and what fluid and fluid level is everyone running?

OEM is always good.  As far as oil levels, it's a twin chamber fork.  I may be wrong, but the twin chamber portion that controls the valving isn't adjustable and the outter portion of the fork where you could add or subtract oil is just for lubrication purposes.  Racetech indicates that the measurement should be 150mm (from the top) in the twin chamber portion, and it appears they recommend 350cc.  I just looked at my 07 YZ450F manual PDF (same style fork) and they recommend 340cc for US, 350 cc for Europe. 

OEM Yamaha are very good.  I have a couple buddies that have also had very good luck with SKF seals (but they are pricey).  They hold up and make that initial travel a little more plush due to less friction because of the materials they use... Sounds far fetched, but there is something to it.

Ended up doing the all balls seal and wiper kit and some fork skin covers and has worked out very well. Was very cautious about buying these but they are working great for anyone else that wants to give them a try

Ended up doing the all balls seal and wiper kit and some fork skin covers and has worked out very well. Was very cautious about buying these but they are working great for anyone else that wants to give them a try

No big deal, Next time you replace them try the SKF seals and you'll realize what you were missing. Maybe not you, but some people spend big $$$ on mods but skimp on good fork seals. When I installed mine the difference in stiction is incredible. The difference you feel while riding isn't really noticeable, but they will last longer and keep your fluid cleaner so that's worth the extra $$$.