USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Out of commision for a while, what do I want to do with my 450

Well as of tmrw, im getting knee surgery. Im trying to figure out what I wanna do with my bike. I want it to be right for when I come back. Im a c class rider, not the greatest but I am just getting back into it as of last year. This bike is an 09 and its basically as it came from the crate. Basically motor is the same, etc. I bought it from a guy around my weight who sent it off to pr2 for suspension valving and springing. The marks from there are smudged so i have no idea whats on it. Im 6'1 225 and trying to make the bike pretty but right. Any suggestions? Literally looking for anything, idea wise.

1400161965795.jpg

Well as of tmrw, im getting knee surgery. Im trying to figure out what I wanna do with my bike. I want it to be right for when I come back. Im a c class rider, not the greatest but I am just getting back into it as of last year. This bike is an 09 and its basically as it came from the crate. Basically motor is the same, etc. I bought it from a guy around my weight who sent it off to pr2 for suspension valving and springing. The marks from there are smudged so i have no idea whats on it. Im 6'1 225 and trying to make the bike pretty but right. Any suggestions? Literally looking for anything, idea wise.

Things an 09 needs,

0.200" machined out of the swing arm slot to allow the axle forwards (honda lengthened the swing arm 0.750 for 09)

or an 08 swing arm :)

22mm offset clamps,(stock is 20mm another yucky 09 change from 22 in 08) and for your height they need a forwards adjustment

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1080601-making-the-bike-easier-to-ride-for-a-tall-rider/

zeta looks the best option now.

probably need way stiffer springs than pr2 gave you like some .52 or .54 fork springs with reduced preload from 7mm to 3 or 4

a merge knuckle (aftermarket link are for propping the bathroom door ajar)

fastway low boy pegs

guts tall foam with ceet gripper cover (this is my latest addition to the bike and its just geat at 6ft 1)

a Remap form eddie sisneros

and IMO a +11oz heavier flywheel

cp 13.5-1 piston ordered direct and lateral gas ports requested

• Like 1

Things an 09 needs,

0.200" machined out of the swing arm slot to allow the axle forwards (honda lengthened the swing arm 0.750 for 09)

22mm offset clamps,(stock is 20mm another yucky 09 change from 22 in 08) and for your height they need a forwards adjustment

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1080601-making-the-bike-easier-to-ride-for-a-tall-rider/

probably need way stiffer springs than pr2 gave you like some .52 or .54 fork springs with reduced preload from 7mm to 3 or 4

fastway low boy pegs

guts tall foam with ceet gripper cover (this is my latest addition to the bike and its just geat at 6ft 1)

Weve spoke a few times on the suspension. Thats first thing im doing. After that, im going to look into all you said, thanks!

If you ride more trails and mess around vs mx I'd install a rekluse z-start pro before I would a flywheel. My 2cent

If you ride more trails and mess around vs mx I'd install a rekluse z-start pro before I would a flywheel. My 2cent

I do ride trails but not with this bike really. I am more partial to riding my yz in the trails just because it's more fluid for me. And I am not partial to rekluses either. Probably just my ignorance as to how they work but doesn't seem like its for me.

I do ride trails but not with this bike really. I am more partial to riding my yz in the trails just because it's more fluid for me. And I am not partial to rekluses either. Probably just my ignorance as to how they work but doesn't seem like its for me.

That's cool man. Whatever works for you. If your ever around somebody that has one they'll prob be happy to let you ride for a minute to show off their bike and if you get the opportunity take it. Just to see what all the fuss is about if nothing else. Note The different model rekluses all operant different so just because you don't like one completely dosnt mean another might not fit your style perfect.

That's cool man. Whatever works for you. If your ever around somebody that has one they'll prob be happy to let you ride for a minute to show off their bike and if you get the opportunity take it. Just to see what all the fuss is about if nothing else. Note The different model rekluses all operant different so just because you don't like one completely dosnt mean another might not fit your style perfect.

Ill have to do that. I almost feel like they are cheating while riding. My clutch is starting to go, as there are minor groves in the the plates so im looking at going all out. I might drop a rekluse in my bike but im leaning more towards a full hinson clutch. I just picked up quite a few things for my bike, new sprockets chain pegs and such. Also, how do people feel about the difference between arc levers and asv? Trying to decide.

And one last thing, best way to go about new rims and hubs? Complete or piece by piece? I have zero interest in balancing my own wheels so. Also, best companies for them?

Things an 09 needs,

fastway low boy pegs

I also just called factory connection and am having my suspension sent off to them for a full revalve. Trying to get ahold of eddie, and have the fastway low boys(great call btw) the next thing i think will have to do with the seat. Ive been riding a bit the last week and im starting to get a good handle on it.