Sign in to follow this  

Vented jerseys?

Any opinions on the best vented jersey you have run? My boy has started racing and is running hot already... It is only May in NH! This kid is going to cook this season. So...the age old question... What is working for you?

I use Kstyle & Thor vented jerseys.

But both of my vented jerseys are old though.

I've been looking into new vented jerseys.

So I am interested in the results here too.

Edited by ridngslikecrack

Thor vented jerseys are great and very cool but snag easily. On my first ride in 2014 thor core vented gear I came back and noticed many snags on the ventilated sections. It's good gear but if money isn't an option to you get Seven gear. It has large ventilation holes that are laser cut as opposed to the mesh like material other brands make. I'm a lot happier with my seven gear than thor. I think it's built a lot better and will last longer.

..... if money isn't an option to you get Seven gear. It has large ventilation holes that are laser cut as opposed to the mesh like material other brands make. I'm a lot happier with my seven gear than thor. I think it's built a lot better and will last longer.

If money is not a concern and you want the most durable, vented jerseys made, look at the KLIM Mojave Pro, and the KLIM Dakar Pro. They're pricey but really tough.

http://www.klim.com/Motorcycle/Dakar-Pro-Jersey.html

http://www.klim.com/Motorcycle/Mojave-Pro-Jersey.html

CoKTM

Edited by coktm

I have Fly Kinetic Mesh Tech pants and jersey and they are great. This will be my third season wearing them, I only wear them when it's hot. They vent really well, in fact the pants seem thick when you put them on but they work great, next best thing to no pants :). I got them at motorcycle closeouts for a steal too. I highly recommend this as a budget friendly option.

• Like 1

I have Fly Kinetic Mesh Tech pants and jersey and they are great. This will be my third season wearing them, I only wear them when it's hot. They vent really well, in fact the pants seem thick when you put them on but they work great, next best thing to no pants :). I got them at motorcycle closeouts for a steal too. I highly recommend this as a budget friendly option.

+1...bought some cheap last year...love em. Probably put 30+ hours on the set last year and held up great. I wear em a lot, even when its not super hot.

• Like 2

Klim is ugly though

That's important when you are going to a fashion show, or posing next to your bike in the pits. Function over fashion for us old guys!

CoKTM

• Like 1

Backing Poldies on this one. I too have a set of 2012 Fly Kinetic Mesh that I have beaten on and no worries, even if at first like others posted I was worried about snags. None have come though. Seems the pants especially have enough nylon element that no snag/tear worries, and on the other end I would have thought they would have melted more easily from exhaust........but alas....no trouble at all with the Fly Mesh. 

I have however lost a perfectly good set of 2013 Fly Shock Mesh on its first wear, apparently somebody else out on the trail liked them so much it got stolen out of my bag lol.

• Like 1

Another vote for the Fly Kinetic gear. I wear mine in hot conditions, works great. 

Thor vented jerseys are great and very cool but snag easily. On my first ride in 2014 thor core vented gear I came back and noticed many snags on the ventilated sections. 

I've had that problem with ever vented jersey I've bought. Down here in Florida when you go trail riding, everything that grows here has thorns or spikes or stickers or something else sharp on them, and they're usually  strong enough and sharp enough to penetrate a suit of armor.

I've not found any vented gear that holds up well for the long term.

• Like 1

I've had that problem with ever vented jersey I've bought. Down here in Florida when you go trail riding, everything that grows here has thorns or spikes or stickers or something else sharp on them, and they're usually  strong enough and sharp enough to penetrate a suit of armor.

I've not found any vented gear that holds up well for the long term.

Find a place that sells the KLIM Pro jerseys so you can check them out. I think you will be impressed with the durability and quality. Price, on the other hand, may chase you away. I have both the Mojave Pro jersey, and the Dakar Pro jersey and I they have held up to everything that reaches out and grabs me.

CoKTM