Sign in to follow this  

2014 YZ250F suspension advice

Hey guys just picked up a 2014 and hoping someone has some good setting advice. I'm 155 c class rider. Loved my previous FC setup on my 2012 but not ready to drop the $$$$. Thanks in advance, Zach

I would also be very interested if anyone had any advice, I'm a similar weight and this is my first bike doing the suspension myself. It's still not 100% dialed in yet. Cheers

I would start by checking the sag and go from there. From what I have read (no personal experience), they are a little stiff for a slower and/or lighter rider. I have a buddy who rides C and he finds them fine, but he is also 200 or maybe a lil more lbs. I mean re-springing is still gonna cost ya a lil money, but not as much as a FULL set up. And I would assume the springs would be fine to keep in should you have other more in depth work done later on unless you get faster/heavier/lighter in the mean time, lol. After that maybe play with clickers. Outside of those things, it only gets more expensive.

they probably work pretty good out of the crate. maybe see how they work out for you first..may not have to put any $$$ in them if you are lucky. yamaha's have good suspension generally.

I decided to send em to FC after I play with it this weekend. I got a good deal since I just did my 2012's with them. Will let you guys know. Thanks!