Sign in to follow this  

New powerbomb and flange kit, not secure

I just installed a used powerbomb on my 04 crf250r. What holds the header to the head. The exhaust header is just a straight pipe, the fmf flange kit has an inner sleeve, and an outer collar you can tighten it to the head but nothing holds the header to the motor. Is there supposed to be springs or something. Can post pics later if needed. Or if someone has a powerbomb could they post me a pic?

Post pics of the header, there should be spots for two springs on the header that connect between that point and the flange you bolted to the head. If there's no spring spots then you just need to bolt it to the head as the flange is permanently a part of the header.

Source: had an 05 that needed springs, now have a 10 that doesn't, both powerbombs 

I think I need springs then. I'm pretty sure the header has spots to hook springs. I just bought the header for cheap on eBay and that's all it was was the pipe and that's it, but after the flange kit and now springs, not such a great deal. Lol.

I'm at work now I'll post a pic tonight when I get off.

Thanks though if your 05 needed springs then I'm thinking my 04 will also because I can tighten it up and pull the header right off.

Yeah you'll definitely need springs if there's those two little spots to hook them on, watched an absolute goon who didn't "like the springs" take them off cause it looked better and going down the start straight he blew his header off... moral of the story is get springs.