Sign in to follow this  

How much sag on a 2013?

How much sag do you guys like to run on your 2013's?

I'm having issues where the front end just doesn't feel planted to me and feels like it pushes too much. A couple people are telling me it's most likely a sag related issue. Just looking to see what numbers people are running. I'm running the forks at 5mm above the clamps also

I'm also hearing that these bikes handle better with more sag like 105-110mm. Is this true?

I'm a newbie when it comes to suspension setup, so any help would be appreciated

Forgot to mention that I'm at about 100mm sag last time I checked it, but I didn't have my motion pro sag scale, so my measurement was most likely not accurate

I am running 106-108 with forks at 8mm. Bike turns well and stable. Personally i feel 100mm is to tight on this bike. Maybe okay with a link?

I've seen one suspension company say 110mm is good when using the stock link as long as you have the correct spring for your weight

I see people saying the rear of the bike is just too high with the new air fork, which is why you need the longer link or more sag. Maybe even both

How much sag do you guys like to run on your 2013's?

There is a range where the rear suspension works properly. Then the exact number that makes you bike work best depends mostly on the height on the front of your bike - which depends on your weight, where you position your weight on the bike, your fork spring rate (air pressure) and fork height.

A sag figure from anyone else doesn't mean much unless they also tell you more info. eg. If some guy is 190 lbs or more and using stock fork air pressure then most likely he's using a lot of rear sag. eg2. If some light guy has stiff fork setup, then he has to set the rear higher to match or it just wont turn in to a corner.

Okay. I understand what you're saying. Thank you for the reply. I was just looking for a good starting point to work from to try to dial in the bike this weekend

I was looking into them. Little more money then I wanted to spend at this point though