Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

NewYork Introduction with some video...not quite sure where to post this

Hello Everyone, 

I just bought an 01 YZ426f after not riding on dirt since I was a kid. My last bike when I was 13 or so was a TTR 125. So being 19 I figured that automatically meant I could handle a 426 race bike for trial riding right? I mean...that's perfect logic!!

Well, after trail riding it at first I was having a tough time with the bike. Finally I have gotten in the groove with it and am having a lot easier time trail riding it. I have not done any mods to it...it is bone stock except for the decals the previous owner put on. 

I am quite mechanically inclined, but nicely enough right before I bought it a really good Motorsports shop adjusted the valves and basically just inspected the whole engine and bike for any issues. It is a really nice bike and it is comforting to know that the engine and trans and all that are in good shape because it is pretty old. 

I am starting to really love the bike, it starts easy, the power is just..INSANE and it handles trails fairly well for what it is. (helps alot that i am 6' and 220lbs...keeps my feet on the ground.) 

I have been vlogging and just taking videos of my on road riding for over a year now, so nicely enough I now have an off road toy to take some videos on. 

This is a little video I put together today,,,I suck at wheelies but I gave em my best shot!

Nice video buddy! Time and patience, no need to rush and get hurt! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks man. I've definitely been taking it pretty easy. What's nice is I ride a Harley Sportster with taller than stock suspension so it is heavy and has a high center of gravity so from that aspect the bike feels light and no problem to handle. Just getting used to breaking the tire free on various surfaces. These race bikes have really mean power bands I'm finding out. You can floor it in one Gear and one Gear down it will just pull the front tire up fast as hell. It's a bit of a transition from a Harley especially because my Harley is quote powerful and fast, but the power band is the polar opposite. Low rpm and a long power band, but tall and short.

It's been fun so far though for sure I love riding it. I do need to fix the shifter because all of the splines are worn out on it and the shifter shaft looks beat up too. I cranked it down tight hoping it would hold (was also easy on the shifter) but it has loosened again so I will have to fix it.