Sign in to follow this  

Acerbis tail light question... wiring!

Hey guys. Jusy got my acerbis dual sport tail light. Was wondering which wires from the tusk lightning system connect to which terminals?

Tail light cam with no instructions or diagrams. My tusk brake wires are 2 black and a red.

1400175936764.jpg

1400175947703.jpg

Hey guys. Jusy got my acerbis dual sport tail light. Was wondering which wires from the tusk lightning system connect to which terminals?

Tail light cam with no instructions or diagrams. My tusk brake wires are 2 black and a red.

I'm not sure if this coincides with your system or not, but it might help you...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/829107-hot-darn-got-a-plate/

Not to much help. Im just wondering whats positive, negative, and the "brake" wire on this light

Not to much help. Im just wondering whats positive, negative, and the "brake" wire on this light

I have had them come to me mislabelled.  Grab a 12v DC power source (fish finder battery or whatever you have lying around) and just confirm which wire is which by touching each combination of wires to the battery terminals....then use some phase tape to appropriately color mark them once you've determined what's what ;)

That was going to be my last resort but unless someone else has this light i guess its my only option! Haha

My guess. two outside are + and the center is ground. Are you going direct into the Tusk harness or are you also adding a Brake switch on the master cylinder?

solder some pigtails on ... cut the connector on the tusk  or add one on the pigtails and rock! you could even take a few short pieces of wire .. shove into the connector .. touch to tail light terminals and test if you are unsure