Sign in to follow this  

How do I tell him he's being a jerk

I keep my bike at a friends house (lots of land to ride on) and I do little things to my bike (tighten bolts, check my air filter) and on more than one occasion he has kicked me out of his shop because I wanted to change my oil... Bike probably has around 25 hours on it. He thinks he knows everything and just says I'm an idiot. He never takes care of his bikes and something always goes wrong. How do I reason with him?

That, and why would he want to leave his bike at someone else's place?  Who knows, if the friend is pissed off enough...... he might just pour some sugar on meeee, errr I mean in the guy's fuel tank.

I'd get my bike back ASAP before the friend starts claiming it's HIS bike since you left it there.  Isn't there a law somewhere that states if you leave your vehicle on someone else's property for a certain amount of time...... that the person who's land your vehicle is on, can file a claim and make it theirs?

• Like 3

"You're being a jerk"

Or

"You are being a jerk"

Or

"You're being a jerk!"

Or

"You are being a jerk!"

Or you use the KISS principle

"Jerk!"

or even simplier

"Jerk"

• Like 5

I keep my bike at a friends house (lots of land to ride on) and I do little things to my bike (tighten bolts, check my air filter) and on more than one occasion he has kicked me out of his shop because I wanted to change my oil... Bike probably has around 25 hours on it. He thinks he knows everything and just says I'm an idiot. He never takes care of his bikes and something always goes wrong. How do I reason with him?

You're keeping your bike at his house, using his shop, and riding on his property. Go ahead and call him a jerk, but be prepared for the "crybaby" on the backside
  • Like 3

If sometimes when you wrestle, it feels "icky" notify the authorities straight away.

• Like 2

I don't have anywhere is the problem. No tools at moms or dads and no place to ride and no trailer

No storage rentals?

How do you get to his place?

• Like 1

My parents take me. He's cool just really weird when it comes to me working on my bike

I say find another place to go.

Too many variables of what could happen, no good outcome.

Good luck.

You got no place to ride and no place to keep a bike. Sounds to me like you better kiss his rear. He will let you change oil when he thinks its time.. right? He probably just gets sick of you depending on him for your happiness. You should expect more trouble in the near future until you get more indepentent. If the bike is a TT230, you can go a lot longer between service than the high maintanence motocross bikes. What is the bike he rides?

Edited by wielywilly-g
  • Like 1

I keep my bike at a friends house...

I don't have anywhere is the problem. No tools at moms or dads and no place to ride and no trailer...

He sounds like a real jerk keeping his bike at your place, riding your property, working on his stuff in your shop. Oh wait, that is you. So who is the jerk?

Deal with your stuff and thank him for the times he helped you out instead of thinking he is a jerk

• Like 2

I go out there to work on my bike and technically it's his fathers shop and his fathers land. It's my oil and I'm using very little tools. How do I tell him that maintenance is good... I just need a way to tell him my reasons for wanting to change the oil and all that

His oil or yours?

His = who cares, his problem. Don't be a tool, be happy you have a place to do any of it, don't worry about his business, worry about yours.