Sign in to follow this  

Missing bolts

My wife moved while I was deployed and I am now missing the two bolts to the rear fender on the left side/ outer cover of the battery. Is there a way to just buy the 2 or do I need to buy a whole kit of different bolts. If so, recommend any?

You can buy any part on the bike from a Suzuki dealer, or from an on-line OEM parts house.  Might be less hassle to order on line and have them sent to your house directly.

Same thing happened to me except it was most of the bolts that hold on the rear subframe on my rm250 while riding! Get the kit and make sure you use loctite!

My wife moved while I was deployed and I am now missing the two bolts to the rear fender on the left side/ outer cover of the battery. Is there a way to just buy the 2 or do I need to buy a whole kit of different bolts. If so, recommend any?

like you are missing the left side plastics bolts? Either way just go to a Ace or a place that sell nuts and bolts and buy some! The plastics bolts a m6 I do believe, lot cheap than a kit and you get SS and any kind of head you want!
  • Like 1

That bolt is M6x1.0. You can pick up a very similar bolt from Advance Auto parts or Auto Zone in the Dorman section. You won't have the stepped washer spacer thingajig that goes in between the bolt, plastic and subframe, but putting a regular washer there shouldn't hurt anything.

This one should do it:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-autograde-cap-screw-flanged-hex-head-class-10.9-m6-1.0-x-20mm-980-220/9070083-P?searchTerm=m6+1&zoneAssigned=1

Edited by teejmiller