Sign in to follow this  

Fitted a E Fender to an SM and added a DRC Fender Eliminator Kit

Took my Dizzer off some dirt jumps and the stocker rear tail light eventually got loose and thus broke off.

Had a highsider one day and scraped up the rear fender and blew up my blinkers.

With that said I decided to order me up a DRC Edge 2 fender eliminator kit/tail light and some drc blinkers.

Since my rear fender wasn't in the best shape and plastics are relatively cheap I ordered an acerbis fender as well.

I noticed i bent my subframe end a bit when i highsides and the bike flipped. I did my best to bend it back to shape. Think i did a relatively good job at that. Used levels and a big metal bar.

I think if I were to do it all again I would just buy an OEM rear fender... to me it was a pain cutting an E fender to fit an SM, had to take it off and on. Cut some and see how it fits and repeat. Honestly dont know why companies like acerbis, ufo, or cycra haven't made plastics for S and SM models. The bike has been around for ever now..

The fender doesn't fit the best either. Sits pretty loose on the rear fender. I can lift it up and down about an inch and a half. At the same time i don't have bolts going through the fender where the tool bag is. I think the bike looks cleaner without the tool bag but I`m contemplating just putting those bolts in. What do you guys think?

On top of it the two bolts that go at the bottom of the fender. (Where the mud flaps meets the rear fender right above the tire) were not going in properly after I have everything all put together and I`m positive it was the exact same bolts I took out. The bolts that both a screw driver head and a socket head on them. What a headache. Maybe the previous owner put the wrong bolts in there to begin with. I noticed he did that on some of the other plastics locations. I had to force the bolt in there with some torque. I know thats bad on the threads I was in the rush and had no other bolts to fit. Can I get a suzuki bolt kit for my bike or is that only for the RMZ`s?

Other than that the tail light and blinkers was the easier part.

Oh and the front fender is the Acerbis universal supermoto one I installed a few days previously along with the skateboard wheel sliders you can see pictured.

lol, yes. I did screw some holes in my rear fender to the tail light and used duck tape to keep it intact while i was waiting for my kit to come in...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

11.jpg

22.jpg

20140515_100159.jpg

Edited by BugJuice
  • Like 3

Looks bad ass.  the smaller front fender cleans up the front for sure,  while the DRC set up is 100X times nice in the back,  liking the smoked lenses on the black bike,     I agree,  looks much cleaner without the tool bag,  you can go to lowes and get 2 botton head screws (i think thats what they are called, nice and round on top)  and use those,  then just use a black sharpie for the top so it will blend in. 

Are you staying with the stock exhaust?  if so you can take a hole saw to where the silencer part is and just cut that whole thing out,  will make it a bit louder but let it flow better too,  or there is a nice cap on ebay for around $40 bucks. 

• Like 1

Took my Dizzer off some dirt jumps and the stocker rear tail light eventually got loose and thus broke off.

Had a highsider one day and scraped up the rear fender and blew up my blinkers.

With that said I decided to order me up a DRC Edge 2 fender eliminator kit/tail light and some drc blinkers.

Since my rear fender wasn't in the best shape and plastics are relatively cheap I ordered an acerbis fender as well.

I noticed i bent my subframe end a bit when i highsides and the bike flipped. I did my best to bend it back to shape. Think i did a relatively good job at that. Used levels and a big metal bar.

I think if I were to do it all again I would just buy an OEM rear fender... to me it was a pain cutting an E fender to fit an SM, had to take it off and on. Cut some and see how it fits and repeat. Honestly dont know why companies like acerbis, ufo, or cycra haven't made plastics for S and SM models. The bike has been around for ever now..

The fender doesn't fit the best either. Sits pretty loose on the rear fender. I can lift it up and down about an inch and a half. At the same time i don't have bolts going through the fender where the tool bag is. I think the bike looks cleaner without the tool bag but I`m contemplating just putting those bolts in. What do you guys think?

On top of it the two bolts that go at the bottom of the fender. (Where the mud flaps meets the rear fender right above the tire) were not going in properly after I have everything all put together and I`m positive it was the exact same bolts I took out. The bolts that both a screw driver head and a socket head on them. What a headache. Maybe the previous owner put the wrong bolts in there to begin with. I noticed he did that on some of the other plastics locations. I had to force the bolt in there with some torque. I know thats bad on the threads I was in the rush and had no other bolts to fit. Can I get a suzuki bolt kit for my bike or is that only for the RMZ`s?

Other than that the tail light and blinkers was the easier part.

Oh and the front fender is the Acerbis universal supermoto one I installed a few days previously along with the skateboard wheel sliders you can see pictured.

lol, yes. I did screw some holes in my rear fender to the tail light and used duck tape to keep it intact while i was waiting for my kit to come in...

cool, you're running bt45's. nice, long wearing tire. :) 

Looks bad ass.  the smaller front fender cleans up the front for sure,  while the DRC set up is 100X times nice in the back,  liking the smoked lenses on the black bike,     I agree,  looks much cleaner without the tool bag,  you can go to lowes and get 2 botton head screws (i think thats what they are called, nice and round on top)  and use those,  then just use a black sharpie for the top so it will blend in. 

Are you staying with the stock exhaust?  if so you can take a hole saw to where the silencer part is and just cut that whole thing out,  will make it a bit louder but let it flow better too,  or there is a nice cap on ebay for around $40 bucks. 

Thanks man! lol. Sharpies and its many touch up uses.

Heck no! I want to be able braaap louder :p  Loud pipes save lives. Hopefully ill be getting the exhaust Dave makes, formally MRD/SSW exhaust sooner than later. Those exhaust sound amazing!! I wonder why he changed the name. Could it be because of Eddie Sisneros controversy? Removing the stock tail light I can see a lot more of the bike and i noticed my rear tire has touched my exhaust a couple of times. Must have hit some dips in some intersections to hard.

cool, you're running bt45's. nice, long wearing tire. :)

I heard the recommended tire for DRZ`s are the 150 rather than the 140 stock size though. These are the tires the previous owner had on it. The rear tire was a month old when he sold it to me and showed me the receipt :thumbsup: .

Edited by BugJuice