Sign in to follow this  

Fuel injected 2-stroke!

Has anybody else seen this!!!?? How is this not on the market yet? A fuel injected cr500 engine in a Yamaha frame... This is amazing!!!

*2smokin*

• Like 2

In my opinion, it will only be a matter of time before everyone switches back to 2 smokes (Super x & Motor X). Just look at history. Plus, 4 strokes are a lot more expensive when they go out.... sometimes totaling the bike.

I like the idea of a direct injection 2 stroke. When it will actually come into play in the market... That is anybody's guess.  

• Like 1

I've seen that vid before.  That 500 sounds so crisp.  I wish someone would make FI conversion kits, I would really have to consider very hard about putting one on my bikes, especially my 250.

MX actually started with the 4 stroke, then went to the two stroke for a long, long time,,,, then went back to four stroke,,,,next ??? Time for a change again (two stroke). I still love this vid and just the raw, pure power this bike makes, I can almost smell it.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Yep, if you pay VERY close attention to the second link you will see it was released on April 1st.

That was just cruel from dirt rider, but then again,,,,,,,,,,,,,who know's..................someday !!

yes its a hoax.

Direct injection could never be retro fit to an existing engine. Direct inject would only lube the top end requireing a secondary injector for the bottom end to lube the crank and mains like the Ossa 250/300. also the cylinder could never work. I have heard honda is developing a direct inject 2t. It would have a 4t style bottom end and a piston with an oil ring to lube the cylinder enableing the bike to run on straight gas.

It would be a way cleaner burning engine than any 4t.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by bcislandrider
  • Like 1

Do you really think that just because the article was released on April 1st that it's a joke? Don't mean to sound like a dick haha I just want one, anyone feel it could be legitimate?

Do you really think that just because the article was released on April 1st that it's a joke? Don't mean to sound like a dick haha I just want one, anyone feel it could be legitimate?

No

Honda is mostly to blame for the demise of the two stroke in competition, along with the AMA catering to their demands. I can't see Honda releasing a DI two stroke until after another manufacturer has, and the revolution has begun!

ok, so if the date on the article doesn't give it away the content should since a modern day 4 stroke is almost 9 thousand dollars and they were saying that Honda was going to release a street legal state of the art new tech 2 stroke for 5 thousand.  That article was as legit as a 3 dollar bill.

I prayed that it was true but after confirming with the writer personally, it wasn't true. One could only hope.