Sign in to follow this  

Drz 400 jetting.

I've got a new yoshimura rs 2 coming in the mail for my bone stock 2013 drz 400 sm. I was curious on what jets to throw in WITHOUT the airbox mod. Right now I have a 27.5 pilot and a 150 main sitting in the truck. If anyone knows if those are right or what to use please let me know.

I've got a new yoshimura rs 2 coming in the mail for my bone stock 2013 drz 400 sm. I was curious on what jets to throw in WITHOUT the airbox mod. Right now I have a 27.5 pilot and a 150 main sitting in the truck. If anyone knows if those are right or what to use please let me know.

Do you have a jet kit..?...The stock needle won't be ok..

Is that a full system with no restriction in the end of the muffler....

I plan on doing a jet kit eventually but don't have an extra 70$. I haven't ever used anything but the stock needles in my old bikes with full systems though. And i don't know about restriction it's the carbon rs2.

I plan on doing a jet kit eventually but don't have an extra 70$. I haven't ever used anything but the stock needles in my old bikes with full systems though. And i don't know about restriction it's the carbon rs2.

so full system or slip on.?....you mite get away with a corked slip on, but a full open system will definitely need a jet kit needle....

Corked or restriction means having a quiet insert or spark arrestor in the end of the muffler..

Edited by Craigo 485sm

It has a usfs approved 96 db insert in it. I plan on leaving it in anyways

OK, The reason you are getting the pipe is for performance increase?.....if yes, the JD jet kit is a must, it will run  lean in mid throttle settings with the stock needle...

Sorting out the idle and main jet circuit won't do anything for the needle circuit....

without the jet kit and no 3x3 .....use the 150 main jet and stock pilot jet with an extended fuel screw, 2.75 turns...

You would be best to get the JD jet kit  and do the 3x3 when you have the coin..

I do plan on getting the jd jet kit soon. But I'm not overly enthused about cutting up the airbox on a brand new bike. Could I run the jet kit without the 3x3?

I do plan on getting the jd jet kit soon. But I'm not overly enthused about cutting up the airbox on a brand new bike. Could I run the jet kit without the 3x3?

yes you can but performance will be way down without the 3x3.....

The 3x3 mod can be done rather neatly and is a win win  deal....

If you don't want to touch you current air box why don't you source a used air box on ebay  you can pick them up pretty cheap....

Suzuki DRZ400 3X3 mod

If i take my jets back and manage to order the jet kit. Would that have everything needed to make it right? Or do i still have to get the fuel screw?

Do I need the fuel screw?

You don't "need" to get the extended fuel screw, but it makes adjusting the fuel screw a snap. Without the extended fuel screw it is a royal PITA to adjust the fuel screw.

Edited by Wisconsinite762

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400199346.737677.jpg here's my cart now. I think this is everything I need. Got any links to help me rip the carb out of the bike and adjust everything?
  • Like 1

here's my cart now. I think this is everything I need. Got any links to help me rip the carb out of the bike and adjust everything?

Looks good.

As far as links go, the one craigo posted in post #10 is a good one.

And so is this one Carb Removal

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400199346.737677.jpg here's my cart now. I think this is everything I need. Got any links to help me rip the carb out of the bike and adjust everything?

Well that is soon......Good move Joe..... :thumbsup:

Well that is soon......Good move Joe..... :thumbsup:

yeah I got to thinkin and figured it would be for the best to suck it up and bite the bill and just have this bike done
  • Like 1

yeah I got to thinkin and figured it would be for the best to suck it up and bite the bill and just have this bike done

:lol: HAHAHA

I am sure the mod bug will bite you soon and then the bike will never be done  :D

:lol: HAHAHA

I am sure the mod bug will bite you soon and then the bike will never be done :D

I feel that coming on but at being at only 800 miles I think ill cool it for just a little bit ha ha
  • Like 1