Sign in to follow this  

Wanting to touch up my 02 yz 250 frame.

I haven't owned a colored frame if my memory serves me right maybe a green kx 125 one years back but I just picked up a bike that looks great but has some scuffs on the frame. It's the Yamaha blue color I don't know if this was stock or not so I'm not sure how hard it will be to find the paint and also wanted to ask the best way to go about doing this its just down around the kicker and the same on the other side the top and sub frame look good thanks

I haven't owned a colored frame if my memory serves me right maybe a green kx 125 one years back but I just picked up a bike that looks great but has some scuffs on the frame. It's the Yamaha blue color I don't know if this was stock or not so I'm not sure how hard it will be to find the paint and also wanted to ask the best way to go about doing this its just down around the kicker and the same on the other side the top and sub frame look good thanks

A local automotive paint shop should be able to match your bikes paint.

Over the years colors will fade a different rates due to UV light and chemicals. 

After you have painted them I suggest invest in some frame guards, they will save you having to touch up the paint all the time.

Yeah I am planning on that. Do I need to focus the one area and prep it or just use a small brush

I would talk to a professional painter and see what they say. Usually they can colour match with a flake of old paint off the frame and can give you good advise on preping, priming and painting.