Sign in to follow this  

Should I get a yz 85?

So I decided to keep my klx 110l and get a used 2 stroke. Im almost 16 and 5'4 145 lbs and have been looking at a yz 85. My friend who is about the same height as me said that his yz 85 was perfect for him and I also sat on the new crf 150r expert at the dealership which seemed to fit nice. Is this a good bike for me and is it similar length and seat height as the yz 85?

My friend got a cr125, he's about your size, alittle lighter but a little taller, the 125 is too much for him.. I can tell when we go riding that he doesn't enjoy riding it, I switched bikes with him ( I also ride a 125) he had a little bit of an easier time riding mine, but he wasn't comfortable until we put him back on a 4 stroke. With this being said, he really only has experience riding a 4 stroke, when he purchased the 125 he ASSUMED he would like the hit of a smoker, but in reality it's alot for him to handle..

My point of the story is if at all possible, try to ride what you want to buy, see if its really the bike for you, because on paper a 125 was fine for my friend but on the dirt it's a different story. Make sure you like the way a 2 stoke feels before making the switch. (This is assuming you've never ridden a 2 stroke, you didn't clarify) also, everybody is different, do don't take my friends situation as the gospel, he's also kind of a puss.. I went from a 80 4t to a 125 2t and fell in love with it. So test ride if you can, be safe & have hella fun with whatever you choose.

Ok I plan on riding this for a year or two and once I get a job I will sell it and get a brand new 250f

Ok I plan on riding this for a year or two and once I get a job I will sell it and get a brand new 

125's actually have a less harsh "hit" as a 85 also if you plan on having the bike for a while the 125 is the way to go. I have a friend who got a 125 2 stroke as his first bike and he has had 0 issues